Sunday 21 July 2013

SWEET & LOVING BIRTHDAY WISHES

Oh my goodness I have been such a BAD blogger!  I'm going to have no friends in blogland and I'm basically having withdrawal symptoms from crafting.  On Friday I got a little time but my mojo was in the garden I think.

Had a busy week finishing off my last working week before the school holidays and had guests staying. Despite the crazy time I always love having guests and so sad when they depart.  My Crafty American Auntie was with me at the start of the week and we had an amazing time, giggling, chatting, shopping, lunching, more giggling and a teeny bit of crafting too. My parents made an impromptu stop over too as we had HRH Elizabeth II visiting our little town on Wednesday. We did our bit dressed in red, white and blue, madly waving flags.  My Auntie insisted on a stars & stripes one but she has lived in the US half of her life so we'll let her off.

Then I've had my sister, brother-in-law and gorgeous 2 year old niece staying and we babysat Gracie all yesterday while Mum and Dad were working. Certainly no glue and glitter out then just keeping cool and playing in the garden - perhaps when she's a bit bigger.  Then the in-laws are here later today.

Sooo after all that I've only one card to show but hoping to get some yummy crafting time in tomorrow.

I was very lucky to win the Pixies Snippet Playground Challenge last week and received a beautiful 'tied together' embossing folder which I couldn't wait to use.  It was my son's girlfriend's birthday yesterday so this is what I made for him to send her.  She has a cute kitten who has deposited little friends under her pillow before so thought this image from The Paper Shelter was quite apt.



Card Recipe:

Image: The Paper Shelter - unusual friends
Papers: Pink Petticoat
Sentiment: Digistamp Boutique
Button and pearls from my stash and a touch of glossy accents

Challenges:

Pixies Crafty Snippets Challenge
The Paper Shelter Challenge - Clean & Simple
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Freshly Made Sketches:

8 comments:

  1. Sarah,You are doing a fabby job-fear not !!

    I must slow down,i read your post as...."I had my American friend staying then my parents and HRH Elizabeth was visiting"....HRH in your house? blimey no wonder you haven't been blogging!! Well,you can be excused then(Maam!!)tee hee !
    Fabby cards-i do like that cat :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really super card there Sarah - I love the image :) Brilliant use of the embossing folder in a colour rather than white, it works really well.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sarah! I love the pearls added to the embossed image! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER card . . . love this little cutie. SOunds like you've had a busy time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card...I like the embossing folder used on this gorgeous shade of cardstocl...lets the pearls really show up and showcases the sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the embossing folder and the pearls, your insert paper looks lovely too, matching the card :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card and it is THAT embossing folder. I am just making my first card with that one. Fancy a game of french skipping on the playground this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.