Monday 8 July 2013

WHAT CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!

Evening All

Whoosh ... what a scorcher it is today!  I've had to dig out my industrial strength fan when I got home from work as the office was so humid I felt like I was roasting on a spit but at least the sunshine makes everyone happy and in the holiday spirit.

So talking of holidays I can't believe I have made my first Christmas card ... YES in July!  I know there are several Christmas challenges but I tend to ignore them until December is a little nearer.  BUT last week I purchased some beautiful digi images from Pink Petticoat and couldn't resist using them.  Fortunately there are two challenges this week where the theme is 'Christmas in July' so here goes.  I've used this weeks sketch from Freshly Made Sketches too although when I've checked their website I've missed the challenge but I like the sketch anyway.

See you all Soon




Card Recipe:

Image: Pink Petticoat - Merry Christmas Sweetie
Papers: Freebie from Quick Cards Made Easy
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Pearls from the Hobby House
Ribbon from my stash
Mini Mosaic embossing folder
Coloured with Promarkers
and last but not least a sprinkling of glamour dust on the icing ... yummy!

Challenges:

CAS on Sunday - Christmas in July
The Paper Players - Christmas in July

   

6 comments:

  1. Christmas seems to come around earlier every year Sarah but this card is so elegant its really lovely huggles Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card and I really like the pop of red with the strip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Sarah! I really like the digital image and the way you've matted it with embossed cardstock. Your comment about roasting on a spit had me LOL...here in Florida, I can relate! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is sugary sweet....the digi is adorable, and I LOVE that background paper! Thanks for sharing this cutie with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the digi. Love the stamped background with the pearls and the texture around the focal image. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joning us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.