Thursday, 20 March 2014

COLD, WET 'N' WINDY = LET'S CRAFT


What's the weather been doing for you all today?  Appalling here with strong winds and lashing rain which meant one thing once dog-walk done and some housework ... hmmm bit of crafting.

I've three cards to show which are for various challenges so here goes:

This one is for my uncle (husband of Crafty American Auntie) so hoping she's too busy packing up her belongings for heading back to California once he's retired to search around my blog!

                               

I've used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches so that's where I'll be heading in a moment.

Items Used:
Image: Vintage Boys - Take it Easy from LOTV
Papers: Papermania
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted
Tools: Promarkers and Mosaic embossing folder
Ribbon & Twine from my stash




Next up is a brand new colour challenge (for me) called Colour Me which I'm combining with my interpretation of the CASE Study challenge for this week.  This Memory Box Tilda Flower die has been on my desk since the weekend when I tried my first bit of sponge daubing here but this time I've die-cut the shape using pearlised card and patterned paper from Echo Park. I've then 'painstakingly' re-inserted all the little petal bits then made a circle aperture for the sentiment, which is from Clearly Besotted. The green background image is from Uniko Studio (Background Builders - Circles). Yesterday I received some long awaited items from Craft Mojo ... Doodlebug sprinkles and sequins!!! Love them but may have gone a bit OTT with them as they are new but the photo on the colour challenge had lots of little dots!




    


My last card is quite similar to the previous one in that I've used the same Memory Box Tilda Floral die with re-inserted petals but I wanted to show you how extremely economical and versatile this sponge daubing with die cuts can be.  This is the daubed die cut used in this card here which I've re-inserted into the negative made from the previous card above.

This time the card is to enter the Simon Says Stamp challenge where the theme is 'Glitter It'. I have used a Wink of Stella pen on the petals but because it's pearlised card it's not showing up on the photos clearly. I've also glittered and glossy accented the centre of the flower. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted - Geometric 1 stamped on to an MFT Sentiment Strip die-cut and the twine from my stash.




Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Think I better have a bit of a tidy up now as it looks like a bomb has hit my little crafty cupboard!

Sarah


10 comments:

  1. hi Sarah, I am luvin your cards...so precious. luv the large bloom/die....it is awesome! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of cards, and the way you used that die in different ways is so clever! So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Sarah! Your FMS card has such a gorgeous image and colored so beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards =--- love the mosaic embossing folder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah :)
    Your Retirement card is a faby take on the sketch! Love the flower cards too(especiallyy the pink one)
    Have a lovely weekend,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all lovely cards! I do like the pretty tilda flower cards, but I think my favourite is the pale green/blue one! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All fabulous cards! I love the little boy with that sentiment on the first one. So perfect! Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the Memory Box flower and the WOS glitter looks fab :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love all the sequins and bling around that big gorgeous flower! So much fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete