Tuesday 22 April 2014

BLOOMIN' GORGEOUS


Today I've gone mad for Blooms with a triple post and as it's late and I'm at work in the morning I'm going to have to type pretty quick - sorry for the rush.

First up is my entry for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch which is combined with a Runaway Inspired Challenge photo:



Materials Used:
Image & Sentiment: Uniko Studio - Beautiful Blooms & A Gift for You
Tools: Lattice embossing folder 
From my stash: Stampin' up gems and a healthy drizzle of Wink of Stella to the blooms which are raised on 3d foam for added dimension.


Next up the Muse challenge which I rarely enter - only because my imagination doesn't come up with anything worth creating BUT today I had a play with some watercolour pencils (in preparation for a watercolour painting course I'm attending in a couple of weeks ... yikes!)

I've embossed the image from Clearly Besotted's Fresh Flowers set with white embossing powder before colouring with the watercolour pencils. I've added some ink daubing for the sky and a couple of gems to the centre of the flowers. I can't decide what sentiment to use so I've left it blank the same as the inspiration photo.



If I've still time I'm going to drop this in at Clearly Besotted's 'Spring' themed challenge too as I quite like how it turned out.

   


And last but by no means least is my entry for the current Uniko Challenge 'Spring' colour challenge. Apologies for the photo; it was taken at the same time as the others but darkness must have fallen!!!

I've used the sketch from this week's Retro Sketches so I'll be heading over there too.


Materials Used:
Image, Background Image & Sentiment: Uniko Studio - Beautiful Blooms, Background Builders: Vines & A Gift for You
Sequins and Enamel dot are Doodlebug from Craft Mojo and there's another healthy drizzle of Wink of Stella to the beautiful blooms. 

      

Ok just going to post these at the various challenges then off to bed for me.

I've had a lovely Afternoon Tea with friends today (at 3pm) and just realised I've not eaten since ... must be stuffed full of cake. It was a great catch up and despite the miserable rain we had a lovely view over the shores of Lake Windermere.

Bye for now.


Sarah


18 comments:

  1. Wowzers, I'm loving all of these! I adore your fresh flowers coloured with watercolour pencils, that's gorgeous. Your mojo's on fire! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely cards Sarah-but your CAS(E)this sketch-well,WOW!! that is all i have to say........ oh,and w-i-n-n-e-r,i will say that too!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you've been really busy- great cards Sarah, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set of cards! Your Muse card is just stunning - beautifully coloured and shaded! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Beautiful cards! I just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colouring! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, Sarah :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these cards, they are stunning!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three cards are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are all lovely! I especially love your card for the sketch & inspiration photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! Love the Uniko bloom against the black and in the spring yellow and your colouring on the lovely Clearly Besotted flower is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are stunning! Your last card, with the yellow flower, is beautifully stamped!

    Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A set of stunning cards, each one ever so lovely! I have the Uniko Beautiful Bloom, and love it to bits and pieces! You've worked magic with it!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three very beautiful cards Sarah...I love the beautiful bloom , it is my all time favourite Uniko stamp. Your designs are out of this world...I shall watch for more! Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stunning...I love the layered look of your flower! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABulous trio of cards and two Beautiful Blooms I stunners. Thank you SO much for joining in on the challenge over at Uniko Studio :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - so many beautiful cards. I love how the Blooms turned out. Thank you for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards as wonderful Sarah as always. So sorry i haven't been visiting much lately, life is still super busy! Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.