Saturday 12 April 2014

FAMOUS LAST WORDS ON MONDAY!!!


Happy Saturday All

... Word to self don't put 'I'll have another creation tomorrow' on the blog! Don't know why but just ran out of time this week and never got to re-open the craft cupboard!

So finally I've got 2 cards to share on this post and an extra one in a while ... first up is a combined entry to CAS(E) This Sketch, Color Throwdown and Clearly Besotted 'Spring' themed challenge.




Despite having received some of the new release from Clearly Besotted this week I'm still addicted to the Elegant Butterflies set which I've used here although I have sneaked in a little sentiment from the new Design a Tree set.

It's not really obvious from the photograph but all my 'blue' butterflies have been wink of stella...ed plus the centre of the other butterflies. I've used a couple of enamel dots from My Minds Eye and backing card from Papermania.

      


Next up is my entry to this week's CASology challenge where the theme word is 'Wet'. Having hunted high and low in my stash I found this Whale digi image from Pink Petticoat (Big Fella Collection) which I've paper-pieced using papers from Echo Park. I've sponged the sea with some sponge daubers and added a computer generated sentiment to some MFT Die-namics fish-tail flags along with a Happy Birthday sentiment from Clearly Besotted.  The enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye.

This layout was featured on the Fusion Challenge here a few weeks ago and I've kept it in mind to use again. I think the 'wave' effect at the bottom combined well with the image but don't look too close as it's not very well free-hand cut!

                                 




Ok back in a minute with another one ...

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. you have made some beautiful cards Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Sarah! Love the colours on your first card. And your whale is super cute. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great couple of cards, Sarah. I love how you've used the same as me the other day, Elegant Butterflies with the sentiment from Design a Tree. I too haven't used my new ones yet! haha

    Can I ask, how do you get your challenge pics alongside one another? I'm pretty much self-taught on blogger so just insert pic straight from my PC, then these are saved in a Picasa Web Album but can't figure out how to position them other than middle, left or right, then the next one just goes below. Do you save yours online somewhere like Photobucket, then upload via the URL? Any help will be gratefully received as I think the Picasa web albums have a size limit too! Thank youuuuuu!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous Sarah-you do the Elegant Butterly set proud-another fabulous creation :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your white space and the added interest of the 'wave' edging! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so fun! I love the gorgeous mosaic look of the first card and the whale on the second card is adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i love this card sweetie!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two, amazing cards, Sarah! I love the colours on the butterfly one :) Thank you so much for entering the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! I especially love your stamped panel on the first one -- fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! They're both super fresh and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.