Monday 28 April 2014

LOVE BIRDS ENGAGED


Hi All and Happy Monday

I've been at work today so not had much time to craft but just posting 2 cards I've made this evening.

This one is to enter the Less is More Challenge, which is a sketch this week and I've changed the shape from a circle to a bird cage so hoping that still counts. The colour combo is from this week's Dynamic Duos so I'm off over there too. My cousin and his girlfriend have just got engaged and a couple of cards from Jen and Anne at LIM inspired me. Anne with her birds and Jen with the Congrats word die from Clearly Besotted (CBS).


There seems to be a lot of 'shaker' cards on blogland and I used to make loads of these years ago so quite surprised they seem to have come back into fashion! The bird cage die is from the Love Birds set from CBS and I've layered it up 5 times to add some depth. The birds are also CBS Paired up stamp set. The sequins are from Doodlebug and the little hearts in the cage are from the die cut itself. The 'congrats' word die has been embossed with a silver opaque embossing powder to make it glisten a little bit. 


      
A Cheeky edit to this post: Just after posting and checking through blogland I noticed, quite by chance, that there's a Sequin Shaker Card Blog Hop at Pretty Pink Posh so I'm going to slip across with my card. If you can get a shaker card made quickly there's loads of fabulous prizes.

My next card is to enter the ColourQ Challenge and I can't decide whether I love or hate this one. I saw a stamping technique here by Jennifer Maguire and Ren-yi at Uniko has also 'cased' it here. Both looked stunning so decided to have a go but not sure I've quite achieved the same effect.




The cute little flowers on the bonnet in the photo inspiration made me want to use my new Uniko stamp set (Background Builders - Vines) plus a swirly happy birthday sentiment from Clearly Besotted which has been embossed in a silver sparkle embossing powder. The backing paper is Doodlebug and I've added winks of Stella to the flowers ... even went a bit OTT and stamped the envelope.



Ok just going to link these up and off to catch up on some TV.

Thanks again for stopping by.


Sarah

22 comments:

  1. love the bird cage, very unique. I like that idea. Great shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a beautiful card! Love your CAS design x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET pair of cards, LOVE your birdcage shaker and elegant design, LOVE the colours, flowers & matching envelope too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your sweet sequin shaker inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird cage card is really sweet and cute!!
    Fabulous CAS take from the ColourQ inspiration!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Sarah!! It's funny because when I looked at the gallery last night and then went through my dies, the two I pulled out where the bird cage and the crayon! I love that you did the bird cage because now I have fantastic inspiration for making a bird cage shaker card!! Also, great job in combining so many challenges! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Love the birdcage shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I love what you did with the congrats. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever is that bird cage! Great shaker card Sarah!

    Hugs,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute with the bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your shaker card, Sarah! It's been pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty. i love that you used a bird cage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bird cage shaker is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards! The bird cage shaker is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love your shaker card! The sequins look so cute in the bird cage. And I adore how you stamped the flowers to frame the sentiment on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your cute shaker!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    {Would love to have you visit. My shakers are #49, 58 and 159}

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply terrific Sarah!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute and adorable shaker card!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah this is fab, and unusual to see a CAS shaker card, you pulled it off really well! Glad you were inspired...
    Thank you for your LIM entry this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love that beautiful shaker birdcage! Such a fun idea. Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week for our final challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, thanks for sharing your shaker card with the Dynamic Duos this week. It is so cool! The blue background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sarah

    You have been posting some lovely creations whilst I have been busy making brides happy!

    Loving your shaker card. Very different to the norm and I love it!!!

    Have a lovely bank holiday weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! Beautiful... especially love the bird cage shaker card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.