Thursday 15 May 2014

EXAM TIME STRESS ...

Happy Thursday evening and it's almost the weekend ... Yippee!

Home is a fairly quiet place right now as my son and daughter are both studying; one for A'levels and the other GCSE's so a little bit of tension going on.

On the theme of exams I made a card this week for my daughter's boyfriend to wish him well in his exams and it's packed with die-cuts so thought I'd head over to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with it where the theme is 'Die-Crazy'



Materials used:
Paper Smooches: City Skyline Die
MFT Die-Namics: Pierced Rectangle Stax
Clearly Besotted: Going Places Balloon (coloured with Promarkers) and
Sentiments from Going Places and Geometric I
Uniko Studio: Background Builders Circles - Clear embossed to the sides of the panel.
Design Paper: Doodlebug
It's difficult to see in the photo but I did use watercolour paints to paint a cloudy sky background.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

One more card and it's to enter a new challenge for me Crazy for CAS where the current theme is to use twine or ribbon. My fabulous blog buddy Anita at Neet & Crafty won this challenge a few weeks ago and is the GDT so this card is for her.

To be honest it's a bit of a weird one and I can't make my mind up on it. I was sorting through some stash and I don't know about you but I found loads of Prima flowers. I can't remember when I last used any but they seem too good to throw away so I layered 3 together, stamped up the edges and put a fancy brad through the middle as the focal point to my card.



I've painted a watercolour strip across the card panel using distress inks then added some stamping from the newly released Uniko Studio Background Builders Vines set. The sentiment is also Uniko from A Gift for You set. Finally I've wrapped some embroidery thread around the card and looped it round my flower.

Ok that's all for me today but fingers crossed I might have something to share tomorrow.


Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Awww bless your heart, Sarah. That's so sweet of you and I love it! Such fresh colours and perfect for the challenge too. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fabulous cards Sarah, a great cityscape - wonderful colour scheme. Your 'Happy Birthday' card is so pretty and a stunning flower!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards Sarah, love how you have added the dies together in the first and the second is beautiful. I love the colours. I am so behind on comments I cannot remember if I congratulated you on the LIM DT position. If I didn't already I just wanted to say how happy I am for you. It is so well deserved, not only are you an amazing card maker but you are an incredibly nice person too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, love it, so beautiful. Thanks for joining CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Sarah,love the dramatic skyline on the first. The watercolouring on the second really sets of that delicate stamping and flower too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the zesty colours and how you've used BB: Vines - FAB :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards. Thank you for joining us over at CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Thanks for joining CFC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.