Saturday 3 May 2014

LAYERED BUTTERFLIES


Happy Saturday and Bank Holiday Weekend! Yippee! Hope you are having some crafty time.

I've 2 very quick cards to share and apologies I've been missing all week ... work got in the way and I was trying yesterday but not getting very far! Except this card which is at a love / hate sort of stage with me. I don't normally use so many layers but I do like this mix of turquoise and yellows with greys but on this one I went for a touch of Orange too!


Challenges for this one:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Colour Me Card Challenge - Anything Goes but use 5 colours of your own choice

So if I had to match these colours with the Stampin Up range there'd be:

Pumpkin Pie
Pool Party
Crushed Curry
Basic Grey
White

My ancient and tatty heat gun seems to have come back out to play quite a bit in the last few months and on this card I've stamped the grey cardstock with one of the circle border strips from Uniko (Background - Circles) then clear embossed it and I quite like that added bit of texture.

Other Materials Used:
Clearly Besotted: Elegant Butterfly Dies, Scalloped Border Die, It's Your Birthday stamp set
Sizzix Nestabilities Scalloped Circles & Framelits Circles, Dotty Embossing folder
MFT Die-namics - Pierced Rectangle (new purchase and love it BUT now want all the pierced stax sets!)
Papers from my stash
Enamel Dots: Stampin Up, Doodlebug & My Minds Eye


   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Back in a mo with another quick post.

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Very fun combination of colours and patterns to create this stylish card :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week, we sure hope we will see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, sarah... love the angled panels and your color choices!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.