Saturday 17 May 2014

LIM ... THEME FLOWERS

Morning and happy Saturday 
First of all I would like to thank everyone for the welcoming and encouraging comments left 
on my own blog and Less is More following my DT announcement last week. 
You are an amazing set of blog buddies and it's much appreciated. 
I've had a fabulous week visiting all your blogs which are packed full of incredible inspiration.
I have also gained some new followers so thanks for joining you are most welcome.

So this week the theme is flowers and lilies are my all-time favourite flowers, which brings me onto my first card which uses a brand new MFT Die-Namics set of dies called 'lily'coloured with Promarkers. 
For the background, another newbie; an MFT chevron stencil used with distress inks.

Both of these products have been on my wish list since their release so I had a little spend at the weekend. 




The background panel has been die-cut using another MFT product (Pierced Rectangle Stax) and adhered to the card with 3D foam. I love this pierced rectangle set so you may see it popping up quite a bit ... the problem is I'd now like all of the MFT Pierced shape sets!

To finish I've added a 'Happy' die-cut sentiment, also coloured with Promarkers and a stamped birthday greeting; both from Clearly Besotted. Last but not least a little bow of hemp cord to tie the stems together.

It's another die-crazy card which is this week's theme at Simon Says Stamp so 
I'll be popping over there with this card.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


For my second card I couldn't wait to try out the newly released Clearly Besotted products and this set is Bridal Bouquet. I've stamped different sizes of the flowers and foliage then die-cut some of the blooms and leaves, attached with 3D pads to add a little dimension. 




The 'Congratulations' sentiment is another word die from Clearly Besotted which is cut from some silver pearlised card. To finish off I've swept my clear Wink of Stella brush over the blooms 
and added pearls to their centres. 

I've used the colours from this week's Color Throwdown Challenge so 
I'm heading across there shortly.


Ok it's your turn now!
Thanks for stopping by and I am looking forward to visiting all your blogs again this week
 to see what you've come up with for this week's LIM challenge.


Sarah


17 comments:

  1. Great cards. I especially like your congrats card - the pink is so vibrant, beautiful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards yet again Sarah!
    I hope you have another good week!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards , love the bright green one so summery
    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards, I really like the pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Sarah! Your lilies are just beautiful against your background, and I love all the sparkle on your 'Congrats; card! So happy to have you on the DT to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards Sarah, they have a fabby crispy feel.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Sarah, I love your use of colour and those sentiment dies are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab colours and super cards, love that bright green Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards!! Love the layout and flowers in your CTD card! Thxs for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Sarah. I'm loving the new Clearly Besotted stamps too, the Bridal Bouquet flowers are just so subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards, love the second the colour combo is stunning :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards, but for me the lillies are a firm favourite - they are my favourite flower and they look truly striking against the green background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are stunning, Sarah! I love how you used the flowers and coordinating dies. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A striking card for the LIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are gorgeous Sarah but I particularly like the layered look of the flowers in that hot pink one! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards Sarah and congratulations on being the new Lim DT xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.