Saturday 10 May 2014

OLC - Thank You

Morning Blog Pals ... WHAT a week I've had! 

I went on my very first painting course and produced a water-coloured
landscape painting of a Lake District scene ... not worthy of framing 
but pretty impressive for a first attempt!

I've celebrated my 20th Wedding Anniversary 
(with a shop-bought card for Mr Dazzle! Tut Tut!) 
AND
They say things happen in THREES

Well, the icing on the cake ... drum roll please! 
A few days ago I received an email from Chrissie at 'Less is More
asking if I would like to join the Less is More Design Team! 

WOW! 
Squealing with excitement;
Pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming; 
and running round the room like a crazy child
I managed to recover from the initial shock and respond with a
HUGE 'Yes Please ... where do I sign'

Having answered the DT call a few weeks ago and thrown my name in the hat 
along with some utterly fantastic crafty blog buddies I never expected this. 

So somewhat terrified, excited and apprehensive I am thrilled to post my first 
Less is More DT post and it's a
ONE LAYER CARD week 
and quite appropriately a 'Thank you' theme. 

So ... enough waffle and onto my cards

My first card uses Clearly Besotted Stamps - Geometric Shapes I
with a die-cut 'thanks' sentiment from Memory Box which I've die-cut 4 times 
then clear embossed to add a little shine. Finishing with enamel dots from My Minds Eye 
and score lines above and below the stamped area to add a bit of interest to the card.



The second one is my first attempt at de-bossing with cutting dies. 
I've used Memory Box mini stars with a Sizzix Framelit for the larger one. 
The stars are coloured with distress inks and stamped with stars from Clearly Besotted 
- Super Star and Signature Christmas sets. Sentiments are also Clearly Besotted and 
I couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle with some gems from my stash.


I've used colours from this week's ColourQ challenge so I'm going to head over there 
with this one to try my luck.


Now I'm excited to see what you talented people can come up with.
Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah


36 comments:

  1. SQUEAL ! I just knew you'd do it Sarah :-) Well done, they made a great choice. Hope you'll still come and play with us in the Playground.

    Hugs, Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MASSIVE CONGRATS, Sarah! I had a feeling you would be the chosen one and rightly so. Your cards are amazing and always so eyecatching so I'm not at all surprised. What a fabulous week you've had, so pleased for you. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome on board Sarah, we are SO delighted to have you join us... and so will the LIMettes!
    Wonderful cards as always!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations with your place in the design team Sarah. You have made two beautiful cards here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Well done on the LIM DT post, looking forward to your creations.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your DT place and also on your 1st set of fab cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards and well done on the LIM DT , Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congrats - love your style and look forward to seeing what you create for us every week! Great cards - love the primary colours and crisp look on the first card and the lovely pink and gold combo on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations- I'm not surprised you got picked! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your DT post! Love these cards .... LIM is my FAVOURITE blog challange and I can't wait to see more of your fab creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your DT post! Love these cards .... LIM is my FAVOURITE blog challange and I can't wait to see more of your fab creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your DT post! Love these cards .... LIM is my FAVOURITE blog challange and I can't wait to see more of your fab creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squeee!! Aww,well done my crafty friend :) I was so happy to see you have been chosen-very well deserved xx
    Your card is fabby as always-have a lovely weekend,
    hugs,Nessa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! So pleased you were chosen, already love your cards & look forward to seeing your new creations as DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful CAS cards Sarah! Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations for being on the LIM DT !
    Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. What a fantastic DT to be a part of. I've been doing their challenges from the beginning and I still remember when I won one of the challenges early on. My family just didn't get my excitement.
    Your entries are beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Sarah, I am so utterly thrilled for you and thrilled for the ladies of LIM to have you on the Team! Your card artistry is superior and the appointment is so well-deserved!! Both of your cards are a perfect example of that - perfection!! Happy Belated Anniversary! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them hun, they're fab cards... HUGE congrats on your new DT, so pleased for you :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards Sarah and BIG congratulations on making the LIM DT! Can't wait to see all your CAS creations, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on everything really the art classes, always daunting going for the first time. 20 years is a long time married and in this day and age an achievement to be proud of. Joining the LIM team with Chrissie's high and exacting standards you have to know that you represent the best of class. Enjoy the journey XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very well done Sarah on getting the DT spot for LiM. Can`t wait to see what fabby designs you come with. This weeks cards are stunning.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the new gig! LIM is such a great challenge site!! Your 2 cards are quite fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many congratulations on joining the LIM team. Both your cards are simply super - love the first one.

    BTW - congrats also on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on the LIM gig! You're off to a bang-up start with these beauties. And thanks for playing along with us at colourQ for your DT debut!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woohoo !! Congratulations on ur new DT venture :) I am sure u will rock LIM with ur awesome creations :) and yes happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both your cards and look forward to seeing your inspirational makes on the LIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sarah
    Fabulous cards... Well done on being a Designer for LIM..well deserved.... I struggle with this style of cards....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards Sarah, well done on the DT post too as I said on the last post above :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your DT position. Good luck. I always love your cards.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on becoming the newest DT member at LIM, Sarah! Love your cards so much, too...a perfect 'Debut'!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on being selected as a new team designer! Your cards areawesome...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on becoming the newest DT member at LIM! And you start of with great inspirationcards! Hope you will enjoy seeing and visiting all the blogs! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations on your DT post!
    Fabulous cards Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved this excited post Sarah and congratulations on your well-deserved new post at LiM and your wedding anniversary! These two cards are fab - I particularly like the blocky one with the perfectly positioned enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on becoming a member of the LIM DT! Great cards - I like the play on words with the star, but the bold colours of the striped panel card pips it for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.