Friday 16 May 2014

STAR CRAZY


Hey what a sunny day today and fingers-tightly-crossed we could be in for some of the yellow stuff over the weekend too! Not sure whether I've just tempted fate now!!!! Anyway I've had a boring but productive laundry day and my washing machine has taken some stick so in between turning it all around I've made this card.

I'm cutting it very fine to enter the Sketch Saturday Challenge as Mr Dazzle isn't in from work yet and I daren't faff with his photography equipment as it's too complicated so I'm typing up the post and hoping he'll arrive in time to take a quick piccy!




I've used the colours from this week's ColourQ Challenge so off over there too. Ooooh just typing up my card recipe and the word 'dies' got me thinking ... I'm off to Simon Says Stamp too where it's a 'Die-Crazy' week.

Some cards seem to take forever and this one is one of them even though I've known all week what I wanted to do with it.

Card Recipe:

Stars: Various dies from Memory Box and Sizzix Framelits, with the biggest die cut 4 times to add dimension to the card then inlaid with the smaller ones. I've coloured the edges with Promarkers to cover up any white bits on the stars too.
Other Dies: MFT Die-namics Pierced Rectangle Stax
DP: Doodlebug
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted - Geometric I heat embossed with gold embossing powder
Metallic cord from my stash
The stars are loaded with Clear Wink of Stella with Glossy Accents on top. Sorry couldn't resist making them pop with dazzle!

Ok hubby is back so just going to sort the photo.

      Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Back again tomorrow so see you then.

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card Sarah! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used the sketch, your stars look fabulous! Great card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sarah! darlin card, luv the stars! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have inlaid those stars - they look great with the Glossy Accents and really pop against the background! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.