Saturday 2 August 2014

MOJITO FOR ME PLEASE!


Morning all and it's Less is More time with colours this week. 
I'm back from my holiday now and huge apologies at my lack of 
comments as the WiFi connection was almost non-existent and 
certainly wasn't up to leaving comments before it 'froze'!

So today I'll just sneak in with 'It's My Birthday' today!
and what a wonderful colour scheme Chrissie has chosen for 
Just perfect ... some of my all-time favourites

color sip


Can you believe this is the first time I've inked up this fantastic
'Text me' set from Clearly Besotted that was released in June!
This is the ideal opportunity though as I love my phone
and I'd love it even better if it was turquoise! 
So a perfect card for me.


I masked off a panel and stamped multiple 'techi' sentiments from the set,
the phone and headphones are just so cute and there's some added icons 
which are a perfect addition and I think I'll be stamping this up frequently now!

To finish I've added a strip of lime cardstock which I've embossed using a 
Cuttlebug retro circles embossing folder then I've covered the ear-piece 
of the headphones and the icons in glossy accents.


Next up I've merged the colour scheme colours using distress inks.


The stencil is from Memory Box and I've used a hand-written sentiment
from Clearly Besotted - Fabulous Fuchsias
To finish I've added some gems from my stash.
Not sure if you can see in the photo but my butterflies are 
completely 'Winked' with Stella!


Last but not least I felt that my 'Adapt a Finger print' cards
from a few weeks ago were a bit boring and I hadn't even considered
adding pen drawings to the inky prints ...



... so I decided to get myself all inked up AGAIN! 
combining these great summery colours.
The sentiment is computer generated using 'Another Night out' 
and 'AR Bonnie' fonts.
I have to acknowledge Mr Dazzle here as he helped out - 
my idea but his pen drawings!

I have to say and I think you would agree it was a fabulously fun
challenge ... despite the mess! 
AND we'll never be short of a stamped image again!
Cheap as chips eh!

Ok let's see what you make of these stunning colours and 
looking forward to catching up with you all properly this week.

                                                              Sarah


22 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH.

    Some great cards here, I lurvv the last one, those little men are great!

    Have a great day

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, love all three cards. The beautiful butterflies with all that sparkle.
    Your fingerprint men, working out. Totally brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sarah! Love how bright your cards are. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love those little workout men, they are a great idea. Happy Birthday too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Sarah! Have a fab day. What a wonderful trio and all so different, great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sarah! mwah XX.....mine on Friday too, both Leo's then :) Wow more fabulous cards here, love all of them equally.Have a great day :) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cards are fab Sarah and do have a Wonderful Birthday !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finger print idea. Interestingly, I needed a tiny bit of colour on a card this week and wasn't sure how to do it. Then ... I used my pinkie and it was just the right size! Lovely butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Sarah :-) I just love the workout card ! absolutely brilliant !! haha :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, first of all: Happy Birthday! And second; what a lot inspiration! Your fingerprintcard is so funny and the fonts beautiful! The butterflies are so original-coloured; beautiful and the phonecard is a fun one too! Enjoy your weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sarah. Fab cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Sarah! These cards are great - I especially love the distress ink butterflies and your cute, fingerprint characters. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday wishes, Sarah! So glad you had another attempt at the finger print art - this one is gorgeous, and I think, shows your sense of humour! Thanks for the inspiration for this challenge - I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Sarah, hope it was a good one! Love those butterflies, the colours are so crisp, and your finger print art is brilliant too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belate Happy Birthday you dear girl! What FABULOUS LIM cards - love 'em all equally :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday Sarah! LOVE that fingerprint card - that was such a great challenge - I want to do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More belated birthday wishes Sarah, hope you had a fabulous day. Love your cards, the finger print one is so clever! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all stunners Sarah! You certainly come up with some fabulous designs!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cards. Love them all. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous!! So many super cards, this colour combo certainly got you creating :D Hope you had a good birthday;:D Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love those butterflies, and those cute little keep fit men are sweet.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards - love those fit fingerprints Sarah!! Hope you had a super birthday xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.