Thursday 18 September 2014

A LOVE OF GERBERAS

Have you noticed I seem to be getting later and later with these posts?
Having trouble with my internet connection so I've got everything
crossed that I'll be able to get this typed up and posted while it's playing ball!

So another pretty quick post and it's to enter at Timeout challenges
where there's a 'surprise / additional' challenge in honour of Beverley
from Uniko Studio who gave birth to twin boys at the beginning of the month.

So the the theme is 'Double the Joy'

Although I'm using one of my favourite Uniko Studio sets
Pure Florals: Gerbera I decided against a baby congrats.
Sadly, I don't know of any more imminent twins
and I've already sent a card off to Beverley.


I've used a diagonal stripe background stamp from My Favourite Things
and the flowers are coloured using Derwent Inktense Pencils and water.
To add a bit more interest there's some glossy accents to the centre of the 
large flower and the stem of the smaller one and to finish 
some enamel dots from Doodlebug and My Mind's Eye.

Ok there was a slight internet blip mid-way through this so
hoping all appears ok on the blog.

Thanks once again for stopping by today and catch up with you again soon.



                                                           Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, love this stamp.its one of my favourites. This card is beautiful, I love the effect you achieved with the lines stamped on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sarah, these flowers are coloured beautifully and so great to see such a stunning background colour. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous Sarah, I love the Gerbera's and your colouring. Great colour combo here too. Hope you get your internet connection sorted, it can be soo annoying I know ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness everyone has shown towards my family over the past 17 days since Josh & Ben were born. I am honoured to be part of such a wonderful community & to have SO many wonderful friends. Your card is just stunning, the colours you've used and the layout is awesome. Thank you SO much and also for joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev, Josh & Ben x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.