Saturday 11 April 2015

Less is More #219

Hello, it's Saturday ... yippee and if you are in the UK
seems Spring has arrived in the last few days although
Mr Weatherman doesn't think it's going to hang around for long!

So make the most of it ... that is after you've entered the latest 
challenge at Less is More!

This week is One Layer Week and we'd like to see 'Splatters'
however you want to interpret it.

 I know many of you have some yummy splatter / splash stamps;
 sadly I don't so here's my 'manual' splatter examples ....



First up I'm using a stamp set which is one of 3 sets being
revisited this month over at Uniko Studio and I'd be thrilled if you'd
pop back at 9am when there'll be more details and examples of 
the other sets being revisited.

Card Recipe
Uniko Studio: BRIGHT Butterflies & Simply Said - Birthday
Having hap-hazardly masked off an area of my card I've spritzed, flicked and splattered 
the rest with a mix of perfect pearls, water and peacock feathers distress ink
before stamping my images and adding a touch of glossy accents
to some of my circle splatters.


 

I don't seem to make many masculine style cards so here's one for a change

Card Recipe:
Stampin' Up: Rev it Up The Fun
My Favourite Things: Grid stencil
Distress inks for the sun, through a circular stencil 
and distressed edge and splatters around the car

I'd like to link this card up at Happy Little Stampers
April Challenge where they'd like us to use a stencil





Last but not least ... this one has an almighty HUGE splatter!
Created using 3 drops of Picked Raspberry Distress re-inker
which was dropped directly on to the card then spritzed with water, 
blown around with a straw, dried with a heat gun, spritzed with
perfect pearls and water, dried again before dropping
water blobs and splatters to the the card.

The stamped images and sentiment are from 
Clearly Besotted: Dandelion Dreams

Ok I'm handing over to you and I can't wait to see
what inky fun you get up to over the week.
My hands, desk, equipment, clothes have never been so 
inked up with splatters, dots and dribbles of the stuff!
BUT ... it's so much fun! Go on .... get messy!

Thanks as always for stopping by and I do hope you'll
pop back to see my Uniko Studio post later.


Sarah

23 comments:

  1. Ooh, yummy cards, Sarah! I ADORE that big old bright pink splodge! Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah - fabulous work here! The bright pink is my very, very favourite!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Sarah!
    The masculin....wow !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab splatter cards, have to say I adore the bright pink card...naturally. Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cards.. love the bright pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome splatter cards Sarah!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Sarah and all so different. Awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Sarah! I think my favorite is that first one with the great teal background and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs sprays when you can get the amazing results of yours! I love each one, and thanks for explaining how you did that last one, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great range of splattery cards - love the car one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful splatter cards you've created dear Sarah! I know this technique makes a lot of fun. Lately I have a big carton box to make splatters. Otherwise my desk looks like a battle field. :-)
    Please keep a spring weather for the next weekend. I'm visiting my son in London. :-)
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah! Love all your cards especially that last one. Wow what a beautiful splatter...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning work Sarah. Very inspiring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Talk about prolific Sarah, these are gorgeous! Awesome one layer cards!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, I thought the second one was my fav but the last one is so beautiful.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three gorgeous splattery creations Sarah, love them. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG these cards are GORGEOUS. Love 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wondered how do they do that, on a one layer card? But If it is stamps i'll understand (I see that you have not used it, that i don't understand :P ), thanks for sharing :) Wonderful cards by the way <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of your question exactly Monica. The 3 cards are all one layer with stamped images and handmade splatters. The last one was the most difficult as a one layer because it warped so I left it overnight between 2 heavy boxes of card to flatten it before photographing. Hope this helps.x

      Delete
  19. Beautiful cards. love the pink one especially. Thanks for your nice comment on my splatter card. I entered it with Time Out as well. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all simply terrific Sarah... I love those butterflies, I bought a set from Jen!
    All of them are wonderful!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving all these cards Sarah but that last pink one....Wowee that's a real stunner ☺ hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.