Saturday 18 April 2015

Less is More #220


Morning all ... we are Up, Up and Away this week at

Less is More

... well not literally but that's our theme and here's what I've got for you


Card Recipe:
Uniko Studio: Birthday Bash
3 'part' balloons inked directly onto the card with 2 
heat-embossed in WOW sparkle embossing powders
Strings and balloon decorations are also heat-embossed with the same
Clearly Besotted: Sunburst -sentiment
MFT Die-Namics: Fishtail Flags and Blueprints 15

I'd like to enter this card at ColourQ this week 
(hoping my silver will pass as grey and gold as my spot colour)




It's balloons of a different variety on this next one and my inspiration came
 from this photograph on Pinterest - hence the bright colours 

Balloon ride

Also my hubby is doing a colour dash charity run tomorrow ...
You basically run the course while spectators throw powder paint at you! 
He did it last year so I know what to expect - he'll be covered top to toe
and resemble the top half of my card! 
The question is .... do I let him through the house or hose him
down with a hosepipe outside first?!?!?!?!?!



Card Recipe:
Clearly Besotted: Going Places - Balloons embossed with Hero Arts EP
then sponged over the top with distress inks in my favourite colours ...
(squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, picked raspberries and peacock feathers)
Mama Elephant: Landscape Trio die 
The sentiments are also from Clearly Besotted: Going Places & Say it in Style
Doodlebug Sprinkles ... just because I love those glossy dots!


I'd like to link this card up at the Wednesday Challenge
for Simon Says Stamp - Create your own background

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


Ok! Over to you talented crafters ... I'm sure you'll come up with some
super inspirational 'up up & away' ideas so I can't wait to see them.
Have fun and as always thanks for calling by.


Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Great cards - I love the second one so much that I think I might burst!! Fab inspiration photo and the colour dash sounds like a lot of fun! The vibrant background you have created is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab cards Sarah, love the gold and silver one most I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two awesome cards. Love how vibrant the second one is. I vote for the hose :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards. Very classy black and gold and fabulous, vibrant colours in the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beauties Sarah! And hose him down outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saran
    Two stunning cards love the DInks you have used
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both just brilliant. I especially love the 2nd one. Great way to capture all those hot air balloon colors. It is hot air balloon country where I live, and I have that view on many days. Never thought of using the background for colors rather than the balloons. I'll try this sometime, if you don't mind. And, hose outside tomorrow, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Sarah xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Sarah. Love the hot-air balloons and - it may be just me, but I'd go for the hose idea =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the balloons especially the second one. A real eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are lovely. The sparkle of the first balloons is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your first card...but the inking on the second card is spectacular! Really love the embossing with the inking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love! The colors are so striking and the sentiment (wavy) is spot on with the design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both fabulous cards Sarah, a lovely design and brilliant coloured inking with a great stamped balloon and sentiments!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hose him down first! Just love those colors on your balloon sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sarah... Love those balloons's. That gold really pops next to the black I think you should enter it over at CAS on Sunday , their challenge is Gold!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing cards...I love your hot air balloon...so sweet and beautiful. And your ColourQ card is fabulous...love those festive balloons. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab cards! Love the sparkly gold and silver balloons! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. I love the bold colors and white embossing. Inspiration picture very marked:-)
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous set of cards... the first one is just stunning with all the fabulous embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both but your cards but the black and gold balloons are so classy - great for an anniversary
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.