Monday 6 April 2015

Things with Wings ...


... just by chance both cards feature 'winged' creatures!

My first card is to enter a brand new challenge (for me) and the 
inspiration and push came from the gorgeous card in my blog read list
this morning from Kimberley Weiner I was blown away by the stunning, 
rich colour scheme with a completely different zap of colour from the butterfly.

So here's my take on Kimberley's card which I'm entering in the 
Stamplorations CASEplorations April Challenge


and here's Kimberley's awesome card 


Card Recipe: 
Background sponged with Distress inks and a teeny spritz with water & perfect pearls
Clearly Besotted: Mr & Mrs and Elegant Butterflies and Sunburst (sentiment) Stamps
The butterfly is stamped and heat-embossed on vellum then coloured 
on the reverse with markers. To finish some sequins and pearls for that bit of glam!

.... I'm also heading over to another brand new challenge for me
(Add a butterfly and / or use the colour inspiration)
(thanks to Sandie for sending me 'heads up' on this challenge)





My next card is to enter this week's Muse Card Challenge and 
I'm feeling slightly guilty as I've missed a couple of weeks 
having got into entering each week recently!

Sometimes it's lack of time or mojo so hope the girls will understand.

This week we are CASE-ing Kimberley's pal Vicki Dutcher
so here's my take on her super colourful birdie card 
(sadly I don't have such an elegant birdie image suitable for painting
so I've gone with the cute chubby owl from Paper Smooches!)


Here's Vicki's card and I've kept to the same layout and similar colours
(using distress inks and water as my painting medium).
Dots instead of stripes and an Awesome sentiment taken from a mixture 
of sentiment stamps from Uniko Studio and Clearly Besotted.



That's it from me today but thanks for stopping by 
and I'll be back very late tomorrow with the latest challenge
from Addicted To Stamps and More.


Sarah

25 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Two stunning cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterfly with all the flourish, and I love your background! That owl is so fun and so are his bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two AWESOME CASES! The first card is just stunning - fabulous inking and the second card is cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, the flourish on your CASE card is just an amazing touch!!! Love the butterfly and gorgeous blending!! Thanks so much for joining the STAMPlorations fun!!! So happy, happy you did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKay, I MUST say, that MUSE cannot get much cuter!!! Yay YOU, AWESOME MUSE!~!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab CASE of Kim's card, love the sparkle from the pearls. I always forget to use this. The flourish is an inspired idea. Cute Muse card, such a fun image. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah , those two cards....fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your take on Vicki's card is so cute, Sarah!!! We will be honored to have you any time you have the time, or inclination!! Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, Sarah! Beautiful blending with your inks and your butterfly is so pretty on your first card! I love how you colored the owl on your 2nd card, too...really lovely take on the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards, Sarah! Of course, I'm swooning over the butterfly lusciousness of the first and delighting in the cleverness of your owl/sentiment pairing of the second! Absolutely awesome!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fabulous cards, Sarah. I love the flourish you added to your case of Kimberly's card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE both of these cards!! Thanks so much for playing in at Muse and at CASEplorations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards! Your use of color is amazing! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fab cards Sarah, love the bright shading and lovely butterfly on the first and great CASE with the second one too, loving that cute owl ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squee! I thought I recognized a bit of the Kimberly influence :) Terrific take and great entry for HOC. Thanks for joining in!

    Toni
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a talented CASer, as shown in both these cards! They are both beautifully inspired yet truly yours - so glad you joined us at Muse this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bird is adorable! Great take on the muse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both your cards but that owl sure is cute ! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on both CASED cards, esp. like your butterfly card for our House of Cards challenge, so glad you joined use! Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, both cards are simple but gorgeous! Like both very much)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous CASE of Kimberly's card, Sarah - great to see you at CASEplorations! (That background is fabulous) And I love your CASE of Vicki's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah I see your butterflly card at HOC challenge and want to visiting you
    I ADORE your butterfly card sooo elegant look and you can make the ombre so smoooth I cant I will mess it up :(
    and congrats on being HM at MUSE challenge your card is so sweeetttt and to cute (using the idea from Vicki card)
    both are adorable Sarah
    your first card is the winner for me Sarah
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the ombre background you did for this card. Very gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great set of CASEs, Sarah. Love the shaded background of your first card, and the little monster in your second is simply super cute. Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration CASE Playground over at STAMPlorations. Good luck with the draw and have a lovely day! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both your cards. The butterfly on the first card looks fabulous against that orange. I love the black you used behind it too. Your second card is adorable. Great take on both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.