Saturday 13 June 2015

Less is More #228


Morning all I'm back with the new challenge details for 

Less is More 
and this week it's a One Layer Card with a Home theme

So let your imagination take you away ... unlike me sticking
with 2 Good Luck in Your New Home ones! 

We are having a mini and I guess a short-lived heatwave in 
the UK so it's hard to craft when the sun is beating down because
we get so little we really need to make the most of it!
Hence my first card features digi images which I rarely use


I found this one in my stash from Pollycraft and I love all the 
colours and wonky style. My sentiment is from the super talented 
Hannelie - Desert Diva who kindly allowed me to use her perfect 
image ... as soon as I saw the font and style on her card from last week
HERE I thought it would work brilliantly with this image.




Next up I was blown away by all your fabulous creations for
out Sunset challenge last week and I couldn't resist getting those 
colours in my card again - especially with this sunny weather here.


Card Recipe:
Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilised Amber, Spiced Marmalade & Festive Berries
Clearly Besotted Stamps: Naughty or Nice - I've used the reverse of the stamp from this Christmas set
and the sentiment is from the Everything Changes butterfly set that was released recently.
Uniko Studio: Natures Treasures for the grasses



My last one is for a bit of a giggle really but I did NEED
a New home card for my sister and brother-in-law


So their surname is 'Tudor' very regal, hence the Castle image
and my niece is a 4 year old Disney princess so I hope she'll love this.

Card Recipe:
Lawn Fawn: Life is Good (sand-castle image) coloured with stabilo markers
Clearly Besotted: Home Sweet Home sentiments and Design a Tree set
Distress Inks: Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass for a delicate
water-colour wash above and below the castle.


Ok I'm handing over to you talented bunch and excited
to see your creations this week.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you get to enjoy some
sunshine as well as crafting.
Sarah

31 comments:

  1. Complete fabulousness, Sarah! The heatwave was obviously in the north, we've had rain down here for the last two days! I adore the card you made for you sister and brother-in-law, such a clever use of that sandcastle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Pollycraft image Sarah, what gorgeous happy sunny colours! In fact all your cards have summery shades - wonder why! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Sarah, the sentiment goes so well with your image!
    3 Beautiful cards.
    Thanks for the link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Sarah! The quirky houses on your first card are so great and I love the silhouette stamps against the dramatic sky on your second. Of course the castle is perfect for the Tudors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fab cards Sarah, that last one is inspired and I just love your sunset one!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - three wonderful cards. But spotting the first on the LIM blog, I just had to come and say how delightful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab Sarah ..... I love all three but I think the sunset one is my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Lim cards Sarah xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh if I could only join you, would you have an extra lounge chair? I adore your little neighborhood, Sarah! My choice would be the darling with the swooped blue roof!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all 3 your cards Sarah. Gorgeous and fun. Lots of sunshine for me here on vacation in France, but no crafting. The deal with my hubby is, next year i take some stuff with me LOL
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A trio of delicious cards, Sarah ... gorgeous sunset, fun castle and oh my, that whimsical little neighbourhood ... it's adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just love each and every one of your cards - beautiful! I hope you don't mind but I'l like to CASE your card for your sister. It's such a perfect idea because, you see, we have neighbors that have had a complete re-do of their house (now castle) and it is now the biggest house on the street! They are lovely and kind neighbors and I would like to welcome them back after being gone for 9 months while construction was going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of be thrilled if you case my card Cindy and glad you like it! X

      Delete
    2. Sarah, I don't know whether this is how I should let you know but I used your card as inspiration for my card. If you'd like to take a look it's [url=http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2640499?&cat=500&ppuser=121401]here[/url] in my gallery on Splitcoaststampers. Thanks again!

      Delete
    3. Cindy your card is fantastic and I'm thrilled I inspired you! Having said that your card is far more superior and classy! Brilliant work and how your neighbours love it! Sorry I can't comment on split coasters but I did so and take a look at your post! X

      Delete
    4. Thank you, Sarah! I had a feeling you might not be able to comment but I did want you to know that I gave you credit for inspiring me :)

      Delete
  13. All three cards are fantastic Sarah! And they are all so different. Love the sweet little neighborhood with your digi stamp ... the colours are so soft and delicate. And the sunset ... wow, gorgeous, vibrant hues. And your sweet card for your DS and DBIL ... adorable ... LOVE that sandcastle image and heart filled tree. Awesome inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your little "house" cards, Sarah. They're all different but equally creative and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the first one is my favourite x very nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely adore your first card, it's the best 'New Home' one I've ever seen, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the sunset card, such a rich, deep colour. What a cool idea for 'Tudors' in your family and love the enamel dot placement in the first card x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your new home cards!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three lovely cards Sarah. I especially like the colouring on the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah-love the new home cards-especially the design of the first one :)
    Your sunset is stunning-fabulous inkyness!
    Have a great week,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, three gorgeous cards Sarah, you are full of inspiration...thank you for sharing them with us...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all brilliant!! Your sunset card is so gorgeous, especially the way you incorporated the image of the lion...very artistic!! Your first home card is super cute and can see why you loved the sentiment. And how can you not like a sandcastle card?? I'm sure she will love it, never thought about using a sandcastle for a home you clever thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shona! Lol! to be honest if there's an image if a lion it's a complete fluke and mystery! Before I posted it I showed my daughter and believe it or not her words were "oooh! Very lion king!"

      Delete
  23. Fabulous cards as usual Sarah, how do you manage to keep coming up with so many ideas?? Sorry my commenting has been absent lately, life took over alas! Thanks for the congrats on our new granddaughter too, pics soon....still no name either!!! ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards, really love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  25. All three are awesome Sarah especially the second one. Love the sunset colors and design...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.