Saturday 11 July 2015

Less is More #232


Hello there friends are we ready for a new challenge from 

Less is More

We are back round to our 'not so popular' 
ONE Layer Card week!
and the theme is Masculine - Aren't we cruel!

If it's any consolation I wasn't enjoying making these cards this week 
but I'm confident you'll 'rock' the challenge as always!

Here's mine:


Card Recipe:
Clearly Besotted: Woodland Pals, Mini Banners, It's Your Birthday
all masked using the matching dies whilst I stencilled the background
using an Artplorations 'Bubble' stencil.
To finish a couple of sparkling doodlebug sprinkles to accent 
and some googly eyes I found in my stash.

I'm not sure why I thought an owl was suitable but perhaps because
it just so happens that this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp is
Furry Friends and I notice a couple of their DT have used 
flamingos so I'm thinking feathers are furry too? Yeah?

Having used a stencil from Stamplorations I'm also linking this 
card up at the 'never-ending' Anything Goes challenge HERE.

The current challenge at Time Out is 'nature' with an 
optional twist of Animals so I thought I'd try my
chances over there too with this owl card!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog   



Card Recipe:
Clearly Besotted: Laugh Out Load images and sentiments
Coloured with Zig Clear Clean Brush Pens

The challenge at CASology this week is 'Repeat'
so I'm heading over there with this card and my 'repeat candle stamping'



Ok I'm handing the baton to you crafty folk and looking forward to
checking out your creations this week. Don't forget to head over to the LIM blog
 to see what the rest of my teamies have been up to - I'm sure you'll be inspired!


If you've been following my blog this week you may have noticed
we are leading up to a brand new release of stamps over at
Uniko so I'll be back in an hour with the full reveal and blog hop.
Hope you can join me then.

Thanks for stopping by and have some crafty fun!

Sarah

24 comments:

  1. Not confident this week??? Pffft! I think you did an awesome job with these. All that masking on your first card looks awesome...be proud my friend! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sarah! What a cruel challenge, one layer AND masculine :-)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE owl card and loving your candle make too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both clever and quirky! Love the cute owl with the googly eyes and party hat and the sentiment on the second card made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love your background and cute owl

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing one layers Sarah!
    Your take on the repeat cue card was executed to perfection!
    Thanks for joining us at Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owl card is ADORABLE!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are super for masculine, and wonderfully designed. I, too, had a laugh at the expression on the second one - just perfect, especially for someone very age 'conscious' and not appreciating aging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your cards, that owl is so cute. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty darn cute for someone who may not have had 100% mojo going on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Owl card Sarah, it's such a cutie! I've missed the last couple of challenges as I've been away on holiday but I'm looking forward to joining in with you all again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous sentiment on number 2 Sarah, love the owl and his background stencilling x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think you don't have any problem with OLC! Both great cards; the pwl on the first is so sweet... And the second looks so festive and crisp!
    Thanks for joining us again at TIME OUT.
    Have a colourful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! I am IN LOVE with that amazing owl card! The stenciling is fantastic and the stamping is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the candles and sentiment Sarah, fab CAS design and clever masking on your first card too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sarah! Both of your cards are amazing!! I love that owl!! His eyes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two great cards, Sarah! I really love the candle birthday card...perfect for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with the owl, Sarah, the lovely background that reminds of trees is very clever. You make such lovely cards even if you didn't enjoy it :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing cards Sarah....you always come up trumps with any you make! I struggled this week, you can probably tell lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fab cards, I love the bubble background it really pops and the sentiment on the second card is brill.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pure awesomeness - the first card is just soooo cute! and the second one - perfectly stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your owl card is so cute, especially with those googly eyes! Love the other card as well! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.