Saturday 26 September 2015

Less is More #243

Happy Saturday friends!
Have you got that 8am Saturday morning feeling?

Hope so as there's a new challenge at Less is More
and it's Recipe week! I think the technology one last week
had us all stumped so hopefully this one will be a breeze.

So we are looking for anything Shiny but please keep it
clean and simple of course!


It was my in-laws Golden Wedding Anniversary last week so 
this one fit the bill perfectly I think but could be used for lots of occasions.

I started out by dry embossing a piece of cardstock using a 
Cuttlebug Retro Circles folder then inking it with Gold Delicata ink
followed by Perfect Pearls in Gold to make it shimmer and shine even more!

The Codeword over at CASology this week is Circles so I'll be heading over
there with this card and as well as the circle embossing folder I've trimmed the 
panel with a stitched curve border from MFT Die-Namics and rounded the edges. 

The 'happy' word die and 'anniversary' sentiment are from Hero Arts
and to add a little more shine there's some sequins and gems from my stash.

Here's a little close-up of the panel as I found it's really difficult to 
catch the shine in a photograph!




Next up I've kind of used the sketch at this week's CAS(E) This Sketch 
challenge and die-cut some chevrons using foil cardstock.


The chevrons are by Clearly Besotted: Geometric Style II, and the 
'birthday wishes' is also CBS from their 'Happy Birthday' set.
My die-cut 'Sending' is a new purchase from Simon Says Stamp and to finish 
I've added some Doodlebug sequins which matched the foil papers perfectly.



It's over to you now and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks as always for calling in and I'll be back in an hour with the latest
challenge details for Addicted to CAS - hope to see you there too.


Sarah

17 comments:

  1. Fab makes - LOVING your chevron card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab makes yet again, Sarah. I really need some perfect pearls in my stash, I'm a bit thin on the ground with great products. That embossed panel looks awesome and I love your glossy chevrons xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foil die chevrons are so effective. Love the layout and the chevron pointing upwards to emphasise the sentiment 'sending', very creative. The perfect pearls with the gold card works beautifully and is perfect for both of the challenges. Great inspiration, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the shimmery circles, Sarah - what a fun, bubbly card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all that shimmer and sparkle. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous inspiration once more! Love to see you shine at Casology and Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this week's cards Sarah - especially the chevron one! Those bright colours combined with the foil are a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two shiny stunners Sarah - wonderful golden card for your in-laws x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Sarah!!!! Wonderful embossing folder and design!! Thanks for joining us at CAsology this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! I really love the happy card! So pretty! I had a difficult time with this challenge...just like last week! Maybe my mojo is on vacation! I would never have thought to use shiny paper for the arrows...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Sarah, both of them are fabulous! I love the embossed gold panel, absolutely stunning! I am having a 'thing' for white and gold at the moment! ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the sketch by using those bold chevrons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.