Saturday 10 October 2015

Addicted to CAS #74


Hi there, I'm back again! 
This time it's to introduce the latest challenge over at 

Addicted to CAS

 I'm the one hosting for this week and I chose the codeword


Having chosen the word it's then the dilemma of what to do with it!
... but I'd held out for ages before giving in to temptation for  the WPlus9 
Unforgettable Elephant  set a few weeks ago SO I knew I'd like to use it
 with a sparkly balloon which in the end turned into a sparkly shaker card
 ... just hope it passes for CAS!


I started out by stamping the elephant in Distress Ink then colouring with
my Zig Clear Brush pens and I daren't tell you how many attempts it took!
The balloon is die-cut using Paper Smooches small balloon set and I've filled
it with sprinkles and gems from Lucy Abrams Lily set. Finally I die-cut the panel
with the scalloped rectangle from Mama Elephant: Index Card dies.

I hope you feel inspired to join in the challenge and don't forget to 
check out the brilliant and sparkly creations by my teamies HERE

... and the super duper Kylie of Happy Little Stampers is our
sponsor for this challenge! Our winner will receive a $20 voucher
to spend in the store! Woah! So what are you waiting for!



Thanks as always for stopping by and I'll be back tomorrow with
a few more posts so hope you'll pop back then.

Have a fun weekend!
Sarah

17 comments:

  1. Your soft watercolouring on the sweet elephant is just perfect! Love the sparkly balloon shaker too :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, I have also bought this stamp and die set but havent inked up yet. Yours looks wonderful with the sparkle and more sparkle.
    Just not sure if you know but for some reason Zigs work better, flow and blend wise on Canson watercolour paper and struggle on Tim Holtz paper. Dont know if that was you issue but thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love the sweet shaker balloon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect design, so soft and with such elegance too, very cute and I love elephant so much. Well done xx
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Sarah, love you made this a shaker card and your colouring is perfect and gorgeously subtle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that sparkly balloon.. very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite stamp sets and you've used it perfectly. Love your gorgeous sparkly shaker balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of a cuter image, and I really love that you created a 'shaker balloon'! I feel you on the code word issue...went through the same thing with mine...but, you've done a really amazing job with your "Sparkly" card, Sarah! Perfectly CAS, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable Sarah. LOVE the sweet elephant .. and so creative to make a balloon shaker card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this elephant stamp and the cute shaker balloon idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Sarah, now you did it!!! This stamp set has been in my wish list like forever.....well, your sweet card just gave me the push I needed to also succumb to the temptation of getting this set.
    Love the shaker balloon this cutie pie of a baby elephant is hanging from, just so beautiful and perfect for your chosen word for this challenge.
    I had fun creating my card with it so thank you so much.
    Now, off to getting this set before it disappears!!
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful sparkly balloon for your sweet ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable...love your fabulous balloon! And all those sparkles, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, I had the same dilemma with my code word :) Thank you for a beautiful word, right into season, I am in Christmas mood already. Love your combination of bright sparkling background of the shaker and so soft colouring

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card! I LOVE the glimmer paper as the backdrop for the shaker. And that elephant, so cute and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, your card brought a smile to my face. I love the shimmer paper and I love the shaker balloon. CAS gorgeousness.
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.