Saturday 3 October 2015

Less is More #244


Another whoosh-by-week from where I'm standing and
I'm zipping in with this post as I'll be heading out soon!

Anyway back to the job in hand and it's a new challenge at 
Less is More

This week is Colour week and we are looking for 
Jewel colours and I'll warn you I've gone a bit mad this 
week, especially with Clearly Besotted goodies. Quite by chance
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge are featuring CBS!
So I'll be jet-setting over there with this little bundle!

For some jewel colour inspiration I popped onto Pinterest and 
here's the image that caught my eye and sent me into butterfly mania ...

Colorful butterflies are my token of my friendship to Jeanne. She has shown much loving kindness to me through our friendship. My hope these will multiply & fill her with the Holy Spirit delivering HOPE upon her. GOD BLESS YOU JEANNE♡:

... and it looks like my fellow Teamie, Anita had the same idea as we've both 
used the CBS butterfly duo die! Then again we are both self-confessed 
completely BESOTTED CBS addicts so it was going to happen sooner or later!

I think my favourite of my bunch of cards is this one


I'm calling it 'Amethyst' and as well as the CBS die, the sentiment
is from their Say it in Style set and I've used the Simon Says Stamp
Stitched Circle die with a Darice honeycomb embossing folder and
some gems of course for a bit of glitz and glam!


This one's 'Ruby' of course and another CBS sentiment from Say it in Style
with a Distress ink-splattered background panel die-cut using MFT die-namics
pierced rectangle dies and a Sizzix embossing folder with a few more gems and
nail heads to coordinate.


You'll never guess this one!!! Yep! 'Emerald' Using a Brushos-created background 
(my first attempt at this medium and likely my last based on the horrendous mess
I got myself in! And the desk and the floor!) Oh! another sentiment from the same CBS set


This is what started it off as I tried to combine multiple jewel colours on one card 
by die-cutting butterflies in different coloured foil card to then inlay the little 
bits and bobs from the wings! I die-cut another outline to sit on top for added 
dimension with an inlaid circle die from Simon Says Stamp: Stitched Circle dies 
For detail to the sides of the panel Paper Smooches: Dots and Dashes. 
The sentiment is another CBS one but this time from the Sweet Little Sentiments set.

I think all these intricate little bits should warrant a trip over to 


I hope you are still with me as this one doesn't feature a
butterfly! In fact I've gone all Christmassy and used those
jewel coloured gems as the decorations on my Christmas wreath.


Another CBS frenzy though using the 'Joy to the World' stamp set
and dies and the Geometric I die set to hopefully create a 'door'!
The sentiment is from Uniko: Rustic Christmas and I tried to pick out
some 'rainbow' coloured jewels so that I could drop this in at 
Merry Monday for this week's challenge.



Ok that's all from me for today and if you've stayed with me to the end 
of this then you deserve a medal! I truly appreciate your time and visit.

Have a fun week and I'll catch up with you again soon.


Sarah

23 comments:

  1. Sarah, brilliant collection of cards. Cant decide which I like best so I'll have them all. Love butterflies. Perfection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of cards and naturally my fav is the amythst, my engagement ring is this, I really am purple mad x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these cards Sarah - but the jewel coloured snippety one does stand out well. That must have been a labour of love!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Sarah, love tham all but I think my favourite is the top one to. I just love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful cards, but I think my fav is still the one you put on LIM - love the layout and those jewel colours behind the butterfly.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards ..... I love all the jewel colours and that butterfly is so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! what a fabulous line up of cards Sarah!! all of them are absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the multicoloured butterfly, so pretty :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, you can link up to 5 cards, use the ?1 ?2 ?3 etc at the end of the url and they will be accepted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning collection of cards, Sarah ... those jewel colours on the beautiful butterflies are glorious ... and what a fabulous bejewelled wreath! Gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of deserving a medal, you certainly deserve one for your patience in creating that gorgeous jewel-foiled butterfly...worth every moment I would say (since I didn't have to do it). Your other cards are beautiful, too, but that fourth one is absolutely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gallery of gorgeous-ness, Sarah!! Wow - do I love your butterfly collection! And look at you playing with those fab embossing folders - yay!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful selection of butterfly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Love your Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was worth to stay till the end of the post. :-) Your cards are amazing. I can not choose my favourite one. They are all my favourites. :-)
    Have a nice week,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful collection of cards, all so very pretty. Stick with the brusho's, messy but fun and you never know quite what you'll get x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness....so many beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so very pretty! They're all fantastic but that blue one just jumps out at me - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sarah, these are all stunning! What a wealth of opulent jewel colours!
    Fabulous cards!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are very pretty cards! Love that butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all beautiful, Sarah! I love them.
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to agree with you. I LOVE that first card! All of them are pretty...but the first one has that WOW factor!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got here in the end, teamie! Wow, your cards from last week are fabulous, and so many!! The butterfly we love looks at home on all of these, and such gorgeous colours. My fave has to be the emerald one (not because it's my birthstone!). I adore that colour against the black border, so I'm afraid you'll have to get in a mess again as I want to see more brushos. Mine are still in their box, I'm still a bit scared of making a mess! lol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.