Saturday 27 February 2016

Less is More #265


Hello there Limettes are you ready for our latest challenge at Less is More?

... but first ... if you haven't already swung by the main Less is More blog
you certainly need to as we are announcing our brand new Design Team members.
I'm sure you'd like to know who they are and welcome them in true LIM fashion!

All the links and details can be found HERE along with some stunning inspiration!


... Our challenge for you this week is to use or feature some wire on your card

First up is one for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge although try
as I might that wire had a mind of it's own and wouldn't let my butterfly
sit to the right of the card as per the sketch so hope I can get away with this!!!

 I've coiled some wire around a paint brush then stretched it to sit behind 
my die-cut sentiment from Hero Arts: Stamp & Cut birthday. The butterfly is from 
Clearly Besotted: Elegant Butterfly Duo and die cut from a scrap of distressed / 
watercolour spritzing! To finish a few gems from my stash.



When I made this card I realised I'd been inspired by a couple of our recent
Less is More challenges ... 'Use a Stem' and 'Add Texture'

So I came across Honey Doo Crafts and their stamps for the first time 
last weekend and here's one of the gorgeous sets I purchased: Flowers for Design.
It's teamed with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted: Say it In Style. My 'wire' is coiled 
round a pen initially then flattened against the card to create the stem and I've used
one of the We R Memory Keepers Next Level embossing folders to add some
interest to the background plus some sequins and dew drops from Pretty Pink Posh.
I'd like to link this one up at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
where it's an Anything Goes week!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


and last but not least ....


... just to show that you don't have to use 'actual' wire
here's a card using the 'birds on a wire' stamp from Inkylicious with a 
little bit of smooshing for the background, an off-set panel from 
MFT Die-Namics: Blueprint 15, sentiment from Clearly Besotted:
Say it in Style and sequins from Little Things by Lucy Abrams.


Ok that's all for me for today and I hope you feel inspired to reach
for your wire and get creating. Have fun and thanks as always for calling by!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all of your cards. I do have a favourite on that's the bird on a wire - not only an inspired take on the challenge but a stunning card. I love everything about is - the colours, the layout - just brilliant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational cards Sarah. Ha ha! That wire does have a mind of its own, doesn't it?
    That last card is fantastic - such an inspired take on the challenge!
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you better too.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous are these?! You have made wire a crafing essential :) Love that flower from Honey Doo....I am off to look them up and I smiled when I saw those Inkylicious birds as I got that stamp when we were over in Manchester! So looking forward to playing along with you from next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards as ever Sarah, all done with perfect CAS style and impeccable taste!
    Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes this week too... greatly appreciated!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous cards Sarah. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always awesome cards and that last one has given me an idea, thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah these are all fab. Love that coiled flower stem and birds on a wire rather has stunning colours.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly a trio of beauty, Sarah! Your left tilt is no problem at all for that mind-of-his-own butterfly! He's gorgeous - set him free, I say! That next level embossing makes me [once again] wish I lived next door - and OH be still my heart! - LOve those birds!!! Swallows maybe? REally a wonderful gallery, Sarah!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sarah: I adore this cards, the one with those gorgeous birds on the wire is my favorite, I love the way you did that color wash, I've never been able to do that, I must keep practicing. I think Michele is right, they are Swallows, just beautiful.
    I must admit this WIRE challenge at LIM got me puzzled all day yesterday, thank you and all the DT gals for giving our creative brains a good and fun jolt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers, teamie, these are fantabulous dahhhling! Love your butterfly trail (I too was using a paint brush for my winding!) and what do you know, Flowers for Design was the first Honey Doo set I bought too, great minds eh! That sunny flower with the embossed background looks marvellous! Love your makes this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these are all so pretty and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Sarah! The are all so elegant and striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative use of wire here Sarah and fab cards as always too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.