Saturday 19 March 2016

Less is More #268

Morning friends it's time to announce this week's challenge at 
Less is More and it's THEME week! 

We'd like you to create a card
using inspiration from 'What's Outside Your Window'
(you can use your imagination / dreams on this if you wish)

We've also got another guest designer with us this week; Lou from
A Devon Kitchen Table and I'm sure she'd love you to pay a visit to her blog!

So here's my cards and I've tried to go with what IS outside my window!


First up we have a lot of trellis with climbing plants in our garden
and I've tried to create the trellis using a grid stencil from My Favourite Things.
The blooms in real life are Clematis but these ones are from the 
Altenew Vintage Flower set with a sentiment from Mama Elephant: Make a Wish



Next up I wanted a monochromatic look and although my house isn't 
Lakeland stone I've used another My Favourite Things stencil to 
create a 'brick-effect' wall with a window die from Clearly Besotted.
The birds and tree stamps are from Card-io Majestix and judging by
the racket these birds seem to make outside my bedroom window at 
all hours I think there must be more than three!


Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope you'll visit my fellow
teammates' blogs to see what they've been up to for inspiration.
Have a great week and catch up soon.
Sarah

24 comments:

  1. Very creative ideas on your gorgeous cards. Clever and fun, thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cards, the grey one kind of reflects our weather at the moment ;-) I too love clematisses and have about 40 kinds at my allotment, some died so I lost count

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Sarah. Love the colourful flowers. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards Sarah! The flowers are soooo pretty (trellis features in the future plans for my front garden too) and the monochromatic one is just WOW. So impactful. I guess your real-life birds have good lung capacity, or they've been practising specially ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous, Sarah! Love the floral trellis and the monochrome card with the window die cut creates such a great scene :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just loving that monochromatic look Sarah and that stamp set is glorious. Your pop of bright flowers is so beautiful on the first card.
    I know what you mean about the racket outside your window. We have little owls at night and greenfinches, blackbirds, those azure winged magpies in my card today, a couple of collared doves and a robin doing battle with cockerels, dogs and donkeys! No rest here ;-)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love how you added texture with your stencils, and how you created beautiful outdoor scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah two beautiful cards I love the pop of colour on the first and the monochromatic colour on the second. So lovely to be able to picture everyones view outside of their windows real or imagined.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work Sarah! I really like your mono card best and love how you arranged the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards...love what you were able to convey in the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two awesome cards Sarah, love your clematis card and the monochrome looks so stylish. The birds are making a racket just now, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing makes Sarah, I always feel inspired looking at your work!
    Just beautiful!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black and White gorgeousness. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are both so sweet, Sarah! Love your creative way to show the scene outside your window!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Sarah. I love the pop of pink on the first one against the stencil. Fantastic and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards and great use of your stencils. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully designed cards !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both lovely Sarah with great stencilling! I love the second one - so dramatic in monochrome, it has an almost oriental feel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great cards, I think my fav is the mono one, such a great layout.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your cards ...but I like the brick one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. two beautiful cards, I love the second one in monochrome, xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of your cards are amazing. I love those incredible bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards as always Sarah, you just seem to bring something fresh to every challenge. Thanks for the mention in your blog. Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.