Saturday 7 May 2016

Less is More #275


Morning Limettes and another week has zipped by and I'm here 
with details of our latest challenge over at Less is More!
... BUT before I outline the challenge there's a birthday announcement
to make!!! Our adorable, fun and talented teamie 
Anita is celebrating her birthday today 
so in true birthday style I hope you'll all raise a glass and pop along 
to her blog with some mahoosive best wishes!
Ok ... it's colour week and we'd like to see Pastel colours - to be honest
 this one freaked me out as I'm so used to going to vibrant and bold colours so 
I've had to rein myself in this week ... what do you think?
So first up being a birthday week here's one for Anita ....
It's a bit of a 2-for the price of 1 card as I created a panel of stamped 
images before slicing it in two!
This and the one below used:
Stamps: WPlus9 Doodled Blooms & Uniko: A Gift For You 
Dies: MFT Die-Namics Stitched Basic Borders & Simon Says Stamp 'sending'
Altenew inks, bakers twine, hemp twine & sequins from my stash
There's a new challenge over at Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge
this month and it's 'Inlaid Dies' so guess where I'm zipping off to with this one!
What's more Kylie of Happy Little Stampers is our sponsor for this 
month so be sure to visit her shop HERE just in case you are our May Winner!
It's actually my 22nd Wedding Anniversary today too but this card
is rather pretty and feminine for hubby! But my little sis and B-I-L will be 
celebrating their 6th Wedding Anniversary next Saturday so I'm organised!

Recipe:
Stamps & Dies: WPlus9 Free-hand Florals & Heart Stax
Sentiments: Uniko: Fontiments & Avery Elle: Sentimental
MFT Die-Namics Inside-Out diagonal stitched rectangle

I'd like to link this card up at Timeout Challenges where it's a CASE
card this time and who better or more talented to CASE than Kay Miller
of My Joyful Moments. Here's her card and I was inspired by the stunning die-cut 
florals in pretty shades although I've used a heart die-cut rather than the frame.
I've also scattered a few more sequins rather than messing up my design with
splatters that often go way off what I intended!


Before you head off to craft please hop over to the Less is More blog to
see how my fellow teamies have inspired you with their pastel beauties.


I'm heading off to Port Sunlight today to help out on Bev's (Uniko)
stand so if anyone is heading that way today for the Happy Stampers
Festival please stop by and say hello! I'd love to meet you.



Sarah

25 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Sarah
    Happy Anniversary
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You knocked Kay's inspiration out of the park. So, so gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pastel creations!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards as always. So clever how you created the first two from one stamped panel. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards again, lots of inspiration there. I will get to the Port Sunlight show one day, hope you didn't get too hot there. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty card as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary for yesterday and hope the event went well. Love your TO card, great idea to use a heart and gorgeous collection of flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lovely cards Sarah - you do pastels equally as well as your bright cards!! X X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning cards, teamie. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, I love that first card, such unusual pastels but it's beautiful, and well done on the 2 for 1! And as for the anniversary card, just wow! It's stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards. I especially love the colours on the first one - beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pastel hued Doodle Bud blooms are so pretty, Sarah ... love how you've left them as outlines ... they're so light and dreamy and delicious! Your CASE of Kay's card is beautiful ... such a gorgeous posy of lovely flowers ... fabulous with the heart! Hope you and DH had a Happy Anniversary! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards as ever Sarah and so difficult to choose a favourite from amongst them. I love the stamping and design of the last one!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Sarah...I love all of your cards. You are very inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your cards! Beautiful colours and layouts... so gorgeous. Belated wedding anniversary congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! Hope you had a fabulous anniversary Sarah!
    Well, looks like you were also on a roll this week. Love the "inny and outy" design on the first two cards. We all love a "two-fer", don't we? The anniversary card is so pretty but that last one is a real stunner!!!
    Enjoy your week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness me four fabulous cards, love each and everyone, well done :D x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doh! I've been stupid!!! Sorry, I meant to say I loved your Anniversary card the best! (blush!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow three very gorgeous cards posted here today! Happy Anniversary! Stunning cards, love the Kay inspired one !

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I think of pastels, I always reach for pinks and blues....now why didn't I think of lavender...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous makes Sarah - I LOVE your anniversary card.
    And a belated happy anniversary to you x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards - a stunning collection!
    Elaie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Sarah, I love both of these cards! The stamping and colors in the first one look so amazing and the second card for TO with the stamping under the die cut flowers... Brilliant. A stunner. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What can I say Sarah, just when I think you can't do any better you make these beauties....wow ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. All three cards are stunning! Happy belated Anniversary~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.