Saturday 18 June 2016

Less is More #281

Morning LIMettes it's time for this week's challenge over at
Less is More
It's THEME week so we'd like to see some Faux Bleach for this one. 
Arrrgh! Actually I'm sure you'll all know what this is but there's plenty of ideas on
 You Tube and it's basically lifting the ink / pigment from a panel.

Here's my examples and first up I'm using the gorgeous Morning Glory
stamp generously provided by our sponsor for this month, 
Shery of STAMPlorations.
 

In fact  I should mention that we have 2 sponsors this month at Less is More
So if you've never visited the Dies to Die For then you are missing a trick 
because, amongst other things, they stock the popular Misti stamping tool. 
I use mine for practically every card which I purchased from Dies to Die For!



Firstly, I die-cut a banner die from Sizzix then inked it with my favourite
distress ink combos (reds, oranges and yellows) then stamped the image.
Using a wet paintbrush and dabbing away with a paper towel I removed 
most of the ink from the stem section of the flower leaving just the main
flower head in tact. I couldn't bear to remove that bit if I'm honest. To add a
little more faux bleach I flicked water with my paintbrush on to the panel 
and let it sit for 30 seconds before dabbing the excess up with the towel.


To finish a little glitter edging to the banner, a sentiment from Clearly Besotted:
Brushed Greetings II and some glitter gems from Happy Little Stampers.

I'd like to drop this one in at the Anything Goes with STAMPlorations Challenge

This time using a stencil to lift Distress Ink from the inky panel.


The stencil is one of my favourites and coincidentally it's by
My Favourite Things ... Concentric Circles. The inlaid die cut
Thanks is from WPlus9 and the scalloped die-cut border is by
Lawn Fawn with a few sequins from Lucy's Little Things to finish.

I'd like to link this one up at Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with dies


There are some wonderful tricks and techniques from my fellow teamies
over on the Less is More blog HERE so please pop along and pay them 
a visit and I hope you feel inspired to play along too.

Thanks as always for calling by and I'll be back tomorrow with
the latest challenge details for AAA Cards so see you then.


Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love the shaped panel on the first card and the gorgeous colours - and totally get why you couldn't bear to bleach out the flower head! It's so lovely. The loose feel of card 2 is great and looks so impactful set against the bold die and strong border line. Really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tssssssst! (licking finger and pretending to touch something warm) you are smokin' HOT this week Sarah. Fab warm colours and such beautiful designs too. Some fantastic inspiration for the faux bleach technique. Have a great week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get that morning glory stamp, Sarah because I love everything you have made with it! Great use of that fab MFT stencil too. I love what you have done with this week's technique :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bleaching term scared me, Sarah ... but OH do I love that none was involved! Gorgeous stamping, and I LOve the result with the stencil! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Love how you used the stencil in the second one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, adore the rich colours in the first card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards here again Sarah,your cards always look so
    clean looking and perfect.Struggled a bit with mine this week but then found an easier method lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful cards...love that technique and will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful cards. Great job using this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sarah...LOVE your saturated colors on your cool stencil image and your lifted colors in areas. Your card really pops and is so creative. Love your black scalloped edge border too. TFS Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours for your cards Sarah and I have to agree I couldnt have removed the colour from the flower either as its worked out just perfectly as it is. I think the bit of colour you removed works just right. Both are beautiful cards,
    .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these bright colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work Sarah, these are wonderful and I love the touch of twinkle!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards. The colours work together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing design, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for taking forever to get here! Stunning designs yet again, teamie. You really do work wonders with that circles stencil and the selective bleaching on your flower stem was a great idea. Love these gorgeous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Cards..love this technique...both the cards are so vibrant and colorful...Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.