Saturday 13 August 2016

Less is More #289

Hi there, time for some more fun at Less is More with a new
ONE LAYER CARD week! 
The theme we've chosen is 'Something FRENCH'

Just the one from me for this week as I completely ran out of time - 
actually I was too busy playing with my Brushos, having learnt some
new tricks at the HLS retreat and I couldn't tear myself away from all
the wonderful colours and patterns they create. Think I'm 'hooked'!


Using the Je T'aime stamp set from Clearly Besotted I stamped the lower half of 
my card with the Eiffel Tower, rotating it up and down for added interest. In keeping 
with the colours of the French flag I've stamped the words in those colours too. 
As luck would have it I spotted the 'Bonjour' sentiment in the Lawn Fawn Gleeful 
Gardens set that was on my desk so that was added too. 

The 'Paris' speech bubble is left over from a previous Honey I Shrunk The Kit set 
and I've 'cheekily' inlaid it among the images and sentiments. 
  
To finish the red, white and blue French theme I found some matching bakers twine 
and added a couple of glossy hearts die-cut from a mini Paper Smooches die set. 

The theme at Time Out Challenges is 

'Holidays with the Optional Twist of No Stamping' 
(stamped sentiments allowed)

I've certainly NOT twisted here but I think my card has a definite 'holiday' feel
about it so I'd like to pop it in at Time Out too.

Grab Our Badge!

As always thanks for calling by my blog and I'll be back tomorrow
with another new challenge for AAA Cards. 


Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sarah.This looks amazing! My hat off to you do for creating so much interest in only one layer!
    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the energy and visual interest you've created! Using the Eiffel Tower as a background stamp looks so fab with the bolder sentiment stamping on top. Fantastic card! I'm still jealous of your time at the HLS retreat. Next year...! Have a super week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun and modern take on the theme this week

    Have a great weekend

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Sarah, love all the french words and the tower. Now I see I am totally lacking in french stamps, may need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the collage of words Sarah. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collage of words !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I recognised that Paris sentiment...glad it came in useful! And it looks fab in the red to match the red hearts, I love this design and so pleased to see at TO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun background stamping here. Such a fantastic and festive design. A very fun holiday, indeed. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! What a treat for the eyes this card is Sarah. Loads to look at and, I hate to admit that I totally missed the Eiffel Towers in the background when I first looked at this...doh! I adore what you did with them though. Love that you incorporated the French flag colours too. Ha! You have done really well to tear yourself away from your brushos.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply fabulous background. Just love all the wonderful images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, such a terrific creative idea...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific one layer, buddie. I love the topsy-turvy Eiffel Towers behind your bolder fonts. And what a great idea to inlay that speech bubble too. Is there anything you can't do brilliantly? xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always so great to learn something new and just get "stuck" in trying to use it in all the different ways; I had the same when I discovered Brushos :)
    But your card looks great; love that you used the flag-colours this way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous French card, love it. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forgot to say thank you for joining us again at TIME OUT! A real holiday-feeling card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you have put your card together. Your designs always amaze me. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant French design Sarah - love it!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splendid!! Oh La La, I adore the clean style of your card, Sarah!
    Thank you so much for your nice comment.
    Rosi, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.