Sunday 25 September 2016

AAA CAS Cards Challenge #74

Hi friends, are you ready for a new challenge over at 
AAA CAS Cards Challenge
I hope so ... this one's all about masking so have some fun but
please keep it Clean and Simple.
I've got two cards for you today using masking ... 

This one uses the Birthday Butterfly set by Happy Little Stampers and having
created a masked frame around the central section of the card I heat embossed 
the butterflies and sentiment with (my new favourite EP) Ranger Liquid Platinum!
I masked the butterflies as I went along then coloured them with promarkers.

I'd like to pop this one in at Anything Goes with Happy Little Stamps
I just love this Birthday Butterfly set and it's my go-to set for these 
gorgeous winged creatures!




Next up using the same masked frame I've used a Multi Facetted stencil
by My Favorite Things then inked through with Distress Inks in 
Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron.
A quick flick and spritz of water mixed with Perfect Pearls because I just
can't resist doing that!!!! The sentiment is by Neat & Tangled: Everyday Circles
plus the 'birthday' greeting from Avery Elle: Sentimental. The cirular panel is popped 
up on 3d foam for dimension and to finish a few sequins.
As always my teamies have worked their masking magic and you can
find links to their blogs HERE plus we are joined by another of our
previous winners and a super talented crafter too
Rahmat of Cards and Cooking Corner
I'm sure you'll have come across Rahmat in blogland but please
pop along and leave her some love ... I'm sure she'd appreciate it.
Our sponsor for this one is Stampendous and if you want to be in 
with a shout of a prize then please link your entries up by 8th October! 
Thanks so much for calling by today and I hope you have fun with the challenge!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Excellent masking and such beautiful colouring Sarah, I really love the butterfly set too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous, Sarah! I love the masked butterflies - I have that set but have yet to use it so may just get it out for a play today :) The colours you have used on your second card are so cool and fresh too. I hope you are enjoying your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those butterflies are like jewels! So beautiful. And I love the colours in the second card too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are fabulous! I love the masking and heat embossing on the first card and the second card has wonderful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, the butterfly card is just amazing! Love the color choice - so gorgeous and a beautiful layout! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous, Sarah ... those fluttery butterflies are so vibrant and bright ... and the faceted panel is brilliant ... cool, graphic, delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sarah your cards are wonderful ! I love both of them. The butterflies one is so delicate with the gold embossing outlines contrasting with the bright colors ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous butterflies Sarah, your card really shines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are wonderful Sarah. The butterflies are swoon-worthy! I love the colors you used and the placement of the beautifully embossed butterflies is fantastic. I also love the second. Fabulous color choices, and I love your white on black bold "happy"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.