Saturday 8 April 2017

Less is More #323


Morning friends, are you ready for this week's challenge at Less is More and can you believe we are back round to that 'unpopular' challenge again?


YES! I'm afraid it's the one layer week and here's what I've created for you and I hope you'll feel inspired to play along. As always there's loads of fun ideas by my fellow teamies over on the LIM blog HERE with links to their own blogs so do pop over and visit them if you get chance.


This first one uses a stamp by this month's sponsor LOTV - I think he's called James Bear but not sure what the name of the stamp is. He's sat in a frame which I managed to mask around before stamping. In fact rather a bit of masking happened here as I had to mask James then the curved panels at the top and bottom.

After last week's pastel colours sent me out of my comfort zone I decided to get straight back in with those vibrant rainbow shades using Ranger Die inks. The bear is coloured with Promarkers and the sentiment is by Create a Smile.

I'd like to enter this one over at TimeOut Challenges as it's a play on words and I just can't resist a rainbow! 'When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars'

The first card is my second attempt because ... would you believe I splashed water by accident on the first one and my sentiment went all blurry! OMG the air was blue!

Anyway I've managed to rescue it but sadly no longer a one layer but just to show that you don't have to toss every mess up in the bin ... I fuzzy cut around the base of the rainbow, added a piece of cardstock behind and stamped a new bold sentiment with a hand-drawn edge to the curve for added detail. 



One more very simple card for you and this one uses the Fairytale stamp set by Clearly Besotted, heat-embossed in WOW metallic silver sparkle EP and coloured with Promarkers. The floral spray is on a slight curve so I think I can get away with that plus I used a corner punch on 2 corners! 


Ok that's all I have for today and I hope you'll play along and have some fun.

Thanks for calling by and I'll be back soon!
Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Like these rainbow curves so much; your card was the one that draw my attention imidiately on the LIM-blog... And combined with the perfecct coloured cute bear and text; a super card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Sarah! So gutted about the splash on card 1... I can imagine how you must have felt :( But what a save, and it looks just as lovely with layers as with one layer, so both versions are fabulous. Loving the elegant curved floral spray on your second card with the large sentiment (awesome font!) and the curved corners which mirror the curved line... gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was squeeling and clapping my hands when I saw your rainbow teddy Sarah! I'm another one that loves strong colour so that beautiful bright rainbow was candy to my eyes. It is Fab-you-lus ;-) I think it is great that you shared the original card and gave a tip on how to rescue too (must take a leaf out of that book instead of trashing stuff). Then you counterpoint it with a soft and dreamy floral card.what a gorgeous stamp and an amazing sentiment too. Love the addition of the bakers twine. Hope you have a fantastic week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually thought the first one was cut out-not sure how you managed to give the card such an air of dimension but it looks stunning! So pleased you joined Time Out...I must be weird as the One Layer is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards, Sarah! I know I already said that on IG, but had to tell you here too.. Your bear is adorable with the rainbow curved background and great save. Would have been a shame to toss it. And your second floral card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you've shown off your masking, blending and colouring talents a treat with these, Sarah! Love that rainbow blend and crisp edges to your curve. A great save after the pain in the bum mishap. And why didn't I think to use that gorgeous CBS floral spray? Fabulous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards Sarah. Love that cute bear! Your first 'blooper' card has been transformed amazingly. Your second card is beautiful. Love that CB stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards again Sarah, despite the little accident (always something isn't there I find lol). Just love that sweet litte bear and the pretty flower spray on the second one too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful and different cards. Both just perfect for the theme. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sarah ! What a stunning work you did here ! First with this gorgeous rainbow and this adorable bear ! What a job of masking you did here ! And secondly with this 2nd card after your blurry sentiment! What a beautiful rescue card ! You should enter it in Darnell 's boo-boo challenge ! Love also your last card with the silver embossing together with the pink and green, it's a wonderful combo ! I love it ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masking Sarah and I love your vibrant rainbow card. What a great rescue on the second one too, and I love the beautiful simplicity on the last card. You have been busy and they are all beautiful.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous masking, and I really love both teddy bear and rainbow cards. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rainbow background is stunning Sarah!! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your adorable bear cards Sarah! How exactly did you get the curve and do the masking??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.