Saturday 17 June 2017

Less is More #333

Hi there crafty friends, are you ready for this week's challenge at Less is More and it's another fun one so hope you feel inspired to join us and play along. I've 3 cards for you today, with a couple of family birthdays coming up soon and several friends also it seemed the perfect opportunity to get ahead of myself.


I'm on a bit of a shaker roll at the moment and loving this curly 'friend' die-cut sentiment from Paper Smooches, which certainly works a treat in glitter cardstock and adhered directly on to the acetate window. Having tried brushos with cling wrap I was fascinated to see a video by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire HERE using watercolours with cling wrap. I need to get a little more practice in to make them as vibrant as JM's but for a first attempt I was pretty impressed and I've used a piece as the background to my shaker window. I used a stitched circle die from Simon Says Stamp for the window and the sprinkles from Little Things by Lucy.

It's an 'Anything Goes' week over at Addicted to Stamps and More so I'd like to head across there with this one.



... here's the family ones!


First up for my niece followed by her mum's below. Their birthdays fall on consecutive days next month. The images are from Clearly Besotted: Time to Party and Laugh Out Loud, plus the Basic Alphabet also by CBS. For a change I used my Memento dew drop inks, that have been neglected of late but I'm loving the colours and they were easy to blend for the 3 matching stripes behind the balloon panel.


Another example using Jennifer McGuire's Watercolour 'cling wrap' technique inside a die-cut heart shaped aperture from WPlus9. The inlaid 'sister' word die is from Clearly Besotted and 'Happy Birthday' by Avery Elle.


Ooooh! before I forget ... here's our Cue Card for the Less is More challenge and there's still time to be in with a chance of a prize from our generous sponsor for this month, STAMPlorations.



Don't forget to check out the fabulous designs from my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE 

Hope you'll play along and have some fun and thanks for calling by and I'll be back soon!



Sarah

12 comments:

  1. A trio of vibrancy here, you always create such bright cheery designs. And how did I miss that Jennifer video??? Loving the blue and silver shaker, so effective with that background. The colours on your second card are so pretty and a great design for any occasion. But the colours on your last card are gorgeous, so juicy and summery. Fab work, teamie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful cards. I love the look of watercolour with gladwrap, always looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Sarah. The cling wrap watercolour background is so lovely, especially with the delicate shaker sprinkles on top <3 Loving your balloons card with those pretty colours and white highlights for added dimension. And the colours on your heart aperture card are awesome, so vibrant and warm... love it! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Need to check out that cling wrap technique, love its fluid look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you used for all of your cards...so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three fabulous cards. I love them all, but my favoutite is the second one. I love how you've put the letters of the name in the balloons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three beautiful cards, Sarah! Love all the different colours, especially your shaker card since my favourite colour is blue. Great work with the brushos. Will have to check out that cling wrap technique. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three gorgeous cards Sarah ! All three with fantastic colours and each one so creative ! I love the design of your niece's card but I especially love your sister's card with those warm colours and your shaker card with this wonderful blue background ! I've also seen JMG's video but I did not try it yet ! Another trio of inspiration for me ! Thanks for it ! Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet trio of fabulous cards Sarah. Love those adorable balloons and your sister's birthday card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Sarah, you've been super productive this week, wow! All of your cards look so unique -I also want to give this cling wrap technique a try. I love Jennifer's videos! I Your second card for Tara is so wonderful -I love the stamping and your color choices. In your last card the partly off-set heart die cut looks amazing! Have a nice weekend and so sorry I'm visiting so late, life has been pretty hectic the couple last weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's some real eye-candy here Sarah! The watercolour cling wrap technique looks fab; I'll have to check that out at some point. Love the colours you chose and the layouts too; they really show off your creativity. The offset heart looks brilliant on the last card, the stamping is beautifully crisp on the middle and the shaker is a real 'wow!'. Sorry I am so late visiting you but I have had serious internet problems this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another trio of fab cards Sarah and some fun techniques to try too! I did have a go but didn't manage to get my post written to link up my card in time this week. What a great theme though - and tons of fab DT and gallery inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.