Saturday 25 November 2017

Honey I Shrunk The Kit #14

Hey there friends, I'm so excited to be sharing another day out with my fellow Honey Babes for another HISTK post! BUT I'm absolutely dreading it at the same time as it's my turn to host! What I thought might be a fun kit to work with turned into a bit of a nightmare as my mojo went AWOL in the last few weeks so I'm relying on the Babes to showcase it to the MAX!

Honey I Shrunk the Kit logo



The name of my kit is 'Sugar Fix' and here's a little piccy of the contents: 


... and here's the list of contents:

Stamps: Reverse Confetti: Donut You Know (plus donut die), Neat & Tangled: Say Yes to Donuts, Avery Elle: Pick N Mix (plus dies) and Mama Elephant: Carnival Cupcakes (plus dies)
Other Dies: L’il Inker: Smile, Mama Elephant: Columbus Circle and Neat & Tangled: Hooray word dies
Other Items: Hobbycraft Basics: patterned paper, Action Wobbler, Doodlebug: bakers twine & Anita’s: half cut pearls

Somehow I managed 5 cards, some I like a lot more than others and this first one has to be my favourite. I made it for my niece and nephew for Halloween using the action wobbler behind the bag of sweeties. I used a couple of extra images from a CBS dis-continued set called In the Spirit.


No additional items were used for this one other than the kit and the images are coloured with Promarkers.


My colouring medium for the next one was the Kuretake Zig Clear Brush Pens but my doughnut looks a little burnt, don't you think? I used a wonky stitched die-cut panel (thanks to fellow Honey / LIM teamie, Anita ... quite convenient that she came to stay at my house recently and brought some of her treasured stash with her)!!!


Ooooh! What's this ... another wonky stitched panel (thanks again Anita)! Images and die-cut sentiment once again coloured with Promarkers, with the 'it's a boy' sentiment by CBS.


I'm really not sure about this one but had a few bits and pieces to use up so a framed display of sugary, jelly sweeties, all coloured with Promarkers and coated with wink of stella and glossy accents.

I hope you like my cards but I'm sure you'll love my teamies cards even more! Don't delay, check out these lovelies as I'm off to do now! Thanks for calling by and I hope to be back with more Honey I Shrunk the Kit kits next year! 

Hazel Hodgkins: Hazel's Paper Designs
Sarah Gray: Funky Fossil Designs
Shona Chambers: Twine Around
Anita Bowden: Neet & Crafty
Sarah Platt: Sazzle Dazzle Crafts ... that's ME!


Sarah

3 comments:

  1. You're far too hard on yourself, I love them all! That orange blend looks awesome on your Halloween card, I bet they loved it. Great colouring on all of these too, and come on, we all know that's not burnt...it's chocolate doughnut! I adore that little cupcake baby card, the pale yellow and blue look so sweet! And I totally forgot to gloss up my sweets, yours look fab and juicy. Thanks for a fabulous kit, had great fun with it, but no craving doughnuts after looking at it all again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all super sweet Sarah! This was a fantastic kit and I really enjoyed making my cards with it. As usual, your colour combinations are delicous and your glossy sweets are a visual treat also! Like Anita, I didnt think to do that! I have a 'donut' that didnt make it to a card, but I hope to use on a tag shortly with the tagline 'donut think I forgot!' I couldnt quite get my act together! Thanks again for playing cards with us this month and also for your wonderful kit, Sarah! Looking forward to 2018! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks so badly when your crafty ideas disappear, especially if you have new products or bits and pieces to use. Thank goodness for Anita giving you a boost as I think you did an amazing job with the kit. Love how you created the halloween card and the spider hanging from the sentiment is so cute. I used the same die-cut behind my donut boy too and just love the little girl popping out (one of my favourite N&T stamp sets). Yes I agree the donut is a bit on the 'brown'side but the sprinkles look delicious and so does that wonky stitch die. The pale yellow and blue look so pretty together, would never have thought about that combo, I especially love it on the word die. And I think the last card is fantastic, especially the way the zig-zag paper looks down the sides of the panel and those bright sweets against all that white. I loved this kit so much and thank you for putting in the wobbler, will have to get some of those. It was one of my favourite kits!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.