Saturday 17 March 2018

Less is More #367

Hello my crafty friends, I think I've missed a fortnight somewhere as it certainly only seems a minute since announcing our previous challenge over at Less is More but my diary says it's right so here goes with that ONE layer one that we love to terrorise you with!!!

All the details are on the main challenge blog HERE but here's the cue card to get you started and I've 2 cards to share with you today.


First up using one of my all-time favourite stencils from our sponsor STAMPlorations called Bold Florals. I've only used part of the stencil to leave a reasonable area of 'white' space and using Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Twisted Citron I've inked through the stencil adding some pencil detail too for extra shading. The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted, Brushed Greetings.


My next card uses another stunning stencil from ex Less is More teamie and super buddy Sarah of Funky Fossils and if you fancy this stencil too you can purchase it from her Folksy store HERE 

For this one I used standard Distress Inks in rainbow colours with sentiments from Neat & Tangled; Everyday Circles



I'd like to link this one up over at Timeout Challenges where they are celebrating their 4th birthday - Congratulations ladies and here's to many more. I hope my cheery rainbow colours make for a sunshine fun birthday feeling!


As always there's loads of fabulous designs from my fellow teamies  over on the main blog HERE and as I mentioned earlier our sponsor for this challenge is STAMPlorations so do play along for a chance of a prize, which we'll announce at the start of next month. 


I hope you'll play along in our and have some fun with us.

Thanks for calling by today

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I love this two beautiful cards, Sarah. Love the big blooms on your first card and above all how you coloured them with a gradient effect. Love the calligraphy of the CB sentiment. I was sure to see on your blog at least one card with rainbow colours...and you did it ! Such a happy card and this new stencil from Sarah is so gorgeous too ! With stencils and DOx it is so easy to make OLC cards, right ? Have a fabulous WE. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, well you are amazing at using stencils-you are so precise and the colours you have used for your Time Out card really do bring sunshine to me! Thank you for taking the time to celebrate with us x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are really so pretty. So much depth and interest, it is hard to believe that they are one layer (although I actually do believe you). Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so bright and beautiful...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful! You used one of my favorite techniques with stencils...The 2nd card is such a perfect way to get a flower to the BD-person!; love the bright colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fantastic cards, Sarah. I also have the Bold Flowers stencil and I agree, it’s beautiful. Love the pretty colours you chose... and such delicate ink blending. I am swooning over your second card. I love rainbow colour cards and that stencil from Sarah is perfect in rainbow colours. Great inspirations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Sarah! I love the flower stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful one layers filled with happy, springy colors! I especially love the rainbow look in your second card and the sponging of your flowers looks amazing, so dimensional! Sarah makes amazing stencils... I think I'll have to take a look at her store! :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drooling over your dreamy cards Sarah! Your stencilling on the first is so delicate and what a fab choice of DOx colours! That really is a knock-out card. And a rainbow colour card is always fantastic and with such a super stencil too. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are divine, teamie! I love that stencil too after using it again recently, and I'm now drooling over those oxide blends too (I now must have some!) And I love that we both reached for the brushed greetings set this time too! Your second card is just a feast of fun colour, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.