Saturday 8 February 2014

NEW STUFF WITH ONE LAYER

Feel like I've got to whisper here as this is a really late post.

I've had a bit of strange week; firstly very sad news at the beginning with one of my uncles dying completely unexpectedly and suddenly so all in shock right now. I made a sympathy card but it was the hardest card I've ever made and then writing it was even worse. Later in the week I've just been crazy crazy busy with work and as usual the craft time doesn't happen.

Anyway one of my favourite stamp companies, Clearly Besotted released some amazing new products this week and fortunately I got in quick to order a couple of items before they ran out so when I saw the one layer challenge over at Less is More I jumped for joy. Hmmm now I can play with my new set which is called Dandelion Dreams.




This card is also to share over at ColourQ as I've used their colour palate too. I stamped the dandelion heads with various shades of pinks and reds then heat embossed the centres with a mixture of red and pink embossing powder. A lovely birthday sentiment, also from Clearly Besotted and a couple of enamel dots and that's me!

So off to bed now and hope to have a couple more shares for you tomorrow.




Sarah


12 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The colours, the embossing... a perfect CAS card

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this - and I love that stamp too...so beautifully detailed - you barely need anything else. A perfect CAS card. Thanks for joining ust at Colour Q this week Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Sarah. I was lucky enough to get my mitts on this set too but not had the chance to play yet. So sorry to hear your sad news, its so difficult writing any words isn't it :(

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Sarah :)
    So very sorry you have lost someone special-sympathy cards are always the worst to make,and even harder when it is someone close,hugs xx
    I am taking a bit of a blogging break and have closed my blog for now-i do hope to return when life is a little less manic -ha !who am i kidding-life is ALWAYS manic! but i will still stop by to say hello and see what you have been up to :)
    Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I was lucky enough to get this set too! I'm hoping that housework will not get in the way so that I can have a go with mine today!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad for you this week Sarah - sympathy cards are the hardest to make - more so when they're for one of your own.
    This birthday card is such a contrast - bright and cheerful and the design and stamps are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your Uncle. This card is so beautiful, sadly I missed out on the dandelion stamps so wanted them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so striking Sarah. Sorry about the loss of your Uncle
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sincere condolences Sarah, it must have been a really difficult week.
    Your card is simply beautiful, the colouring is exceptional!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Your card is so elegant and beautiful! What a gorgeous birthday card. I just received my very first set from ME stamps and can't wait to use them.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so pretty! Love how you've added those enamelled dots! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.