Thursday 13 March 2014

OVERBOARD ON PINK DAY

One more mega quick post and this one is another one for Simon Says Stamp where it's Mother's Day or a Special Girl. Well this one is for my special Auntie who lost her husband too soon and very suddenly just a few weeks ago. She doesn't check out my blog so should be ok posting this in advance of her birthday which is later this month. Understandably she's having a pretty rough time right now but hoping my card will give her a little smile - she loves bling so I've showered it with glitter and gems!

I've used the Beautiful Blooms stamp set from Uniko Studio and I nearly burst with excitement at the start of the week when Beverley announced she was launching matching dies for this fantastic set. Sorry but I just couldn't wait to get my hands on them as I'm not a great fussy cutter! They are BRILLIANT.




Other bits and pieces used: Sentiment from Clearly Besotted - Fabulous Fushias, Scalloped edge stand-alone die also Clearly Besotted and some bakers twine from my stash.  I even got a bit carried away and stamped the envelope too and it's just peeping out from behind the card.

Next up and last one for today is an entry to Sketch Saturday #300 - well done ladies.  Another commission; this time a Christening card. I had to slightly alter the front strip on the sketch so as not to cover the beautiful dress in the image.


Card Recipe:

Image: LOTV
Sentiment: Computer generated
Tools: Lattice embossing folder, corner punch, scalloped stand-alone die from Clearly Besotted, Sizzix circle dies
From my stash: twine, pearls, glitter card



Right must dash it's tea-time. Catch up with you all again soon and thanks for popping by.


Sarah


6 comments:

  1. hi Sarah, both cards are super sweet, I adore the flower stamping in the first one...I am so glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are such precious cards. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful cards Sarah,i can see why you were so happy about the matching flower die!beautiful card :)
    Have a lovely day,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous cards Sarah, beautiful stamping of the fabulous fuchsia and dies such lovely colours......your details are perfect.

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards, Sarah! I'm sure your grieving aunt will be comforted and pleased by your thoughtful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.