Tuesday 27 January 2015

CASology #131


Evening friends I've a little card to share with you today
for the current challenge at CASology where the theme is 'Birthday'
My confidence was boosted to the moon and back earlier when 
I noticed I'd won last week's CASology challenge! 
I think it's a first time for me so well impressed.
On the back of this oozing confidence (snigger) and a mass of inspiration
in blogland I've created this card ...


... and before I tell you what supplies I've used I need to acknowledge
my inspiration sources ... so first up I watched a fantastic video 
from the super talented Julia of Just One More Card here and I love
the layout she's used so I've 'cased' it and following my mini step into 
water-colouring here which was inspired by Kristina Werner I decided 
to give it another go to create my 'teddy' circle and I may as well 
sneak this card in as a second entry at Happy Little Stampers 
January CAS challenge - Water-colouring

   

A mini edit here thanks to Kimberley for suggesting I link up at 

Card Recipe:
Uniko Studio: Sweet Baby
Clearly Besotted: Happy Birthday sentiments
Mama Elephant: Index Card Dies
Hero Arts: white embossing powder
Distress inks: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans
Papermania: Textured cardstock
Doodlebug: sprinkles

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with another card
Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card. Congrats on your win!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card in blue dear Sarah. :-)) The structure of the background papers is just amazing and the water colouring for the little bears background is the cream on the cake. :-))
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win! I love the watercoloured circle and the blue panels. The enamel dots are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win, well deserved and I like the mix here with the graphic colour blocking and soft water colourimg x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win!
    This is another winner! For sure. That little bear is so lucky to sit against such a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on ur win :) this card is worthy of winning too, love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background color blocks are terrific with your watercoloring, Sarah, and the bear is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello again Sarah! Looks like you have another dazzler here I see! You know, this is also perfection for the Male Room, Male cards and the challenge is shades of bluem 5 more days to link up, here is the link if you decide to! http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/challenge-0215-shades-of-blue.html I enter there sometimes, I have 6 brothers...so male cards are a MUST!!!!

    http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/challenge-0215-shades-of-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic design here--Iove the color blocking on your base, and the water coloring on your teddy focal point is really so pretty. Love the little drops of water. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week, and congrats on your win last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner Sarah, loving the blues and your watercolouring too.Well done on your win too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This works beautifully Sarah! Love the depth of design you have achieved in just two layers using complementary techniques. Works a charm! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology and a big congrats again on your well-deserved win last week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah - so glad you linked to our Shades of Blue challenge. Your card absolutely stunning. I like the blue ombre background and the teddy circle is so cute. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous card Sarah. Love the clean and graphic design for the background ... really shows off the beautiful watercoloured circle with teddy bear. Thanks again for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.