Thursday 29 January 2015

Late Night Skating & Carol Singing!


Hi there ... another late posting for me before I head off to bed
and two cards to share with you
First up it's for the latest Muse Challenge

So all through December I resisted buying this GORGEOUS
Mama Elephant penguin set ... why? Can't answer that!
I love it and couldn't wait to ink it up.

To be honest I only need a maximum of one Valentine card
and even then Hubby and I don't always go in for cards
... it's for the youngsters really isn't it!
So I didn't want to make a card specific to Valentine's Day
but still wanted little critters in a shape with some embossing
in line with Julie's stunning creation below:


Card Recipe:
Obviously the Mama Elephant stamp set but also 
the stitched rectangle from the Index Card dies from ME
Sheena Douglas Embossing Folder
Distress ink in Evergreen Bough
MFT Die-Namics Sentiment Strips
Clearly Besotted: Say it in Style 

I'd also like to link this up at Simon Says Stamp 
where it's 'Anything Goes' this week.


Next up another challenge combo ...


I'm trying to keep to my New Year's Resolution of joining the 
Merry Monday Challenge every week but when I saw
we had to include Carol Singers this time I cringed.

UNTIL ... sifting through some of my stash I found
a little pre-coloured art pad from Lili of the Valley
and guess what ... a perfect little image!

I've teamed it up with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch
using some washi tape from good old M&S!


Amazing what they sell to wrap up those Christmas goodies.
It's silver snowflakes and I was quite impressed with the look 
against the grey cardstock.
The sentiment is Uniko Studio: Simply Said Christmas
and it's glistening with Wink of Stella but perhaps not obvious in the photo.

Right that's all for now but thanks so much for stopping by 
and hope you are all keeping warm and cosy.

Sarah

28 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Those penguins were totally irresistable, weren't they? Love your card - so cute.
    Fab carol singers too. Love the little pearl light.
    A great detail.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Sarah! I adore both of them! Thanks for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are beautiful and I love that singing trio for the Merry Monday challenge....just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards, Sarah! I spotted your link over on Merry Monday where I too am trying to keep up on my Christmas card-making! Just love the caroler image you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards Sarah but I love your take on my Muse card. Great subtle embossing and such a cute pair of penguins and glossy floating hearts.
    I'm with you on the Valentine card thing but Al was never the great romantic, one card in 42 years says it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fun and full of whimsy! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards! So fun. So glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those darn cute penguins again!! :) Both of these card are absolutely beautiful! I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sarah, the card with penguins is so sweet and the carol singers are perfectly coloured. Two absolutely gorgeous cards. :-))
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Sarah! these are both precious, so luv the embossing and images! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Sarah and I love the cute penguins:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image you used on this card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards ..... love those little carol singers xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE those carolers! And the whole card- love how you pulled it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sweet image and the layers on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Sarah, I had to take a really close look at those adorable carolers and such a pretty scene! What a great find in your stash! Love the striped card base, too...the silver is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. c'est adorable, très jolies cartes, biz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are all so cute and adorable! Thanks for joining Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous image, the little scene is delightful. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your penguin card - very, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, Great take on the Muse

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two fabulous cards, Sarah! I love your take on this week's Muse and your carolers are so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your entry to the CTS challenge this week Sarah! Fab BG, and beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, these are all so fun! Thanks for playing along with CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Sarah... the Muse card is so darling... but your carolers? Brilliant!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at CTS - and MUSE...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.