Saturday 31 January 2015

Less is More #209


Happy Saturday blog friends and I'm guessing you are here
to see what's in store for you this week at 

Less is More

It's a 5-week month so we've a Lucky Dip Challenge 
Themed: Little Ones 

Not only that but as a special treat this week we have 
Tara of Craftilicious (aka: Make The Day Special)
guest designing for us so please pop across to her blog
and you might like to buy some crafty goodies too!

Here's my cards and first of all I've gone with a couple of
new 'little uns' congrat's / welcome cards 


Card Recipe:
My Favourite Things: Sun Ray stencil
Die-namics: Snow Drift & Blueprints 15
Mama Elephant: Just Hatched stamps 
Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed 
& Scattered Straw
Promarkers & Wink of Stella



This one uses a newly released stamp and die set from 
Clearly Besotted: Baby Shower
Uniko Studio: Sweet Baby sentiments
Ribbon & pearls from my stash

I'm also going to head over to Simon Says Stamp
where it's an Anything Goes week 
and lucky for me they are featuring CBS products
although not a necessity for entering the challenge



Is there anyone else out there who seems to spend more time watching
other folks crafty videos rather than getting down to some proper crafting???
Or is that just me!!!

So having watched plenty of YouTube videos on blending pencils I've been playing with 
my own Derwent coloursoft ones using artist clear and odourless spirit,
 which I have to say is much easier than the blending pencils I'd already purchased.
Then seeing the videos it seems you can also use baby oil!
Hmmm! my cards would smell divine using that!
Anyway ... enough of that!

Supplies Used:
Mama Elephant: Just Hatched stamp set - coloured as above then fussy cut
WPlus9: Conversation Bubble dies with inset coloured as above
Clearly Besotted: Sentiments from Honeycomb & Geometric I
MFT Die-Namics: Fishtail Flags using Papermania textured card
To finish coordinating sprinkles from Doodlebug

I've loosely used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches
challenge so I'd like to pop my card in there too.


Ok crafters it's that time when I hand over to you talented people
So have fun, keep warm and thanks as always for stopping by.



Sarah

31 comments:

  1. Sarah these are gorgeous, LOVE that sunny card!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of inspiration again Sarah!
    It just gets better!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards Sarah. Especially taken by that just hatched and conversation bubble window card - so perfectly clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, all beautiful but I especially like the last one.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Sarah - I really love the big sun on the first one and your blending on the 3rd is superb (btw watch the baby oil - it can get very messy and stain the paper oderless blender is much better!)
    Thanks for the shout out for the store.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Tara will stick to the odourless blender! X

      Delete
  6. WOW love all of your creations! And yes I am also one of those ppl who watch too many youtube vids or browse blogs and never do anything with all the stuff I see! Sometimes I just don't have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cute cards, Sarah! That sunburst looks great and I love the fresh green and blue on the second card. Your blending on the third is fab with those sweet critters! I spend far too much time browsing and watching and not enough making....there is so much inspiration and not enough time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, just wanted to say these cards are beautiful. Love the coloursoft pencils, much easier to use when you have ostio as I do. I always use baby oil as I cant get the other over here in Australia. I have a couple of pieces of felt cut small and in a small container (like mini tupperware container). I just pour some baby oil on there, not lots. Can press paper pencil tip onto to soak as mich or little as I want. Have been using soaked foam for approx one year and not had to top up. No oil marks actually no marks at all on cardstock. Very good. Can feel when you need to add extraoil as paper pencil does not move assmoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aileen that's another helpful tip .... Just fixed myself up with a mini jam jar and a mini piece of sponge... Perfect. And if I decide to try the baby oil I'm sure there a bottle lurking in cupboard somewhere from when the kids were little! X

      Delete
  9. Such a sweet trio of cards Sarah! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable baby cards! Those little Mama Elephant guys are too cute and your blending looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous trio of creations :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous collection, dear Sarah. I like the powerful colours. :-))
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all just darling, Sarah. I love your coloring on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is just gorgeous! I love how you've flipped the sketch to work for your sweet little images. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super gorgeous cards, very inspirational as always sweetie.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great selection of cards as always but your colouring on the last one and those bright banners and dots make it my favourite this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely collection of baby cards! They's so soft and sweet and colorful too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all lovely Sarah! Your baby cards are sweet and the birthday card is fun and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these are super sweet and I especially love the sun burst. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute collection of cards for little ones. What a fun theme for the week. I need to watch a few more videos, I think. I am more likely to shop and shop, and never stop to use what I buy. At least the videos are free!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards Sarah, I love those ME critters and of course, the CB ellie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all gorgeous cards Sarah! I really love how bright and colourful the last one is! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww I love all your fabulous cards, love the cute images you used !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of eye candy Sarah. I love that sunshine and sweet bird. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute bunch this week Sarah! Just loving that sunshine (been deprived for too long perhaps!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love this sweet little cards!! So simple and totally adorable! And yes...I spend most of my time looking at what everyone else has made instead of working on my own projects :)
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sarah I love all these cards! Fabulous and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Three gorgeous cards Sarah, all so cute. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh wow so many fabulous cards here Sarah, love all of them equally again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.