Saturday 3 January 2015

New Year and Dramatic Colours

Hello friends ... Here's wishing you all a very
Happy & Prosperous New Year and
hoping you've had an enjoyable and relaxing Christmas.

It's time for a new challenge and a new year at
Less is More

and to kick things off we've a dramatic colour combo for you

Black, Metallic plus one other colour

Please remember to keep it clean and simple...
difficult with all those scrumptious new goodies from 
Santa that we simply want to throw in all at once!

Here's my cards and YIKES ... how difficult is it 
not to make a Christmas card:



Black: Scalloped sentiment strip & Image 
(Clearly Besotted: Good Times - a newbie from Santa)
Metallic: Die cut basket in silver foil card then dry-embossed 
and
Sentiment (also Clearly Besotted: Good Times)
heat-embossed in WOW metallic silver sparkle EP
Other Colour: pink Butterflies & Gems

I'd like to enter this card at CAS(E) This Sketch 
it's a fantastic sketch so if you fancy joining the fun
 there's still a few more days left to enter


  Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

Also the wonderful Darnell Knauss is running another 
NBUS Challenge (Never-before-used-schtuff)
I seem to have missed it previously but as these are 
Santa goodies and fresh out of the packet I'm going to head 
on over there with my card



Black: Card base, Sentiment & Fairy die cut 
Metallic: WOW Gold metallic embossing powder & nail heads
Other Colour: White

Card Recipe:
Simon Says Stamp: Bauble stencil - used with versamark ink 
and embossing powder and masked as a circle rather than bauble
Clearly Besotted: Sweet Little Sentiments
Dies to Die For: Fairy freebie

Until recently I didn't own any Simon Says Stamp products;
mainly due to the cost of shipping to the UK but I was 
luck enough to win some Simon goodies in a blog hop 
at I'm in Haven so huge thanks Lisa.

So as I'm using a Simon Says Stamp product it would be 
uncharitable not to enter their current challenge
Anything Goes

I'd also like to try out a new challenge, for me, at
AAA Cards Challenge where it's a photo inspiration

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog  


Last but not least 



Black: Card base & panel
Metallic: Foil card stock
Other: shades of turquoise / teal

Card Recipe:
Clearly Besotted: Congrats word die
Memory Box: Mini Star Dies
Papermania: Gems

Ok it's your turn and I'll be dropping by your blogs to check out 
your creations later in the week.

Have fun and thanks for stopping by.


Sarah

38 comments:

  1. What an amazing bunch of cards Sarah... your work just gets better and better all the time... I'm running out of superlatives!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Sarah! That CBS set is new to me too so I may have to CASE your first card! Such a clever use of the SSS bauble too. I love black and gold so will have to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely set of cards, Sarah, I couldn't possibly choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab selection of cards, Santa appears to have been very generous! May just have to have a play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards as ever Sarah . . . Santa forgot me this year :( . . . maybe next year! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards Sarah. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Absolutely love the fairy die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah
    Stunning cards... Love them all
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - all your cards are great but I LOVE how you used that bauble from SSS - mine has yet to see ink so you've inspired me to not wait til Christmas!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Sarah. Happy New Year xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful collection of cards Sarah and my fav is the gold and fairy image-so stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards, dear Sarah. The touch of metallic gives them a special elegance.
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love the metallic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three wonderful cards, Sarah! Love all the metallics you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three fabulous cards but that sweet little fairy card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards again Sarah! I also had to make more Christmas cards after Christmas - it's hard to get it out of the system, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so with Chrissie about your superb cards just getting more and more special. So pleased to see you playing at AAA Cards and I love that fairy die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is a feast for the eyes Sarah! I cannot stop looking at the lovely richness of the metallics, combined with the super clean lines!
    Thanks for sharing the inspiration and taking part at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the fun colour combos in all of your cards! Yes, I agree, it feels a bit odd to make cards that are not Christmas!
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah, me again!
    I am in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. It can get really cold here and though it often warms up a bit during the day, sometimes it does not and that means time for crafting. It is sort of too bad as we got a LOT of snow yesterday and it would be great to be out skiing or snowboarding, but the cold is keeping us inside today. Hope you are staying warm!
    Thanks for your visit!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all superb, Sarah!! I kept scrolling up and down just to keep looking at all the yummy details, each one as pretty as the next! I'm so delighted that you are playing in my NBUS Challenge #3 with your new goodies!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards Sarah, love them all but the middle one is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope your holidays were awesome Sarah. That fairy card is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. I really like the combination of colors in both pages, is beautiful. The second card is my favorite one:-) Wonderful connectivity texture and shape.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, these are all stunning, fabulous designs! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh they're all fabulous Sarah! Such gorgeous designs, love them :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sarah fabulous cards! Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2015. Hard not to make Christmas cards yes, but I am going to be making them all year so I don`t run short like I did this year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous selection of cards Sarah, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  29. Three gorgeous cards Sarah and great designs. Love the third one. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome cards - I love the added gold on the AAA card - Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Darling details and design.

    Best of the New Year.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous set of cards Sarah, I love the fairy one with the embossed gold.
    Thank you for your lovely comment regarding Ruby. It has been a stressful few weeks but she`s getting there thanks, in part I`m sure, to all the support and positive energy being sent.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous cards Sarah - I too love that die cut fairy - just beautiful silhouetted against the embossed background. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is so pretty! It makes me think of spring and go for a long bike ride!!! I love it!!! the fairy card is too cute!!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by leaving a very sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cards! I love them all.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, these are all wonderful! I especially love your take on the CTS sketch & that sweet little bike!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy New Year! Thanks so much for playing with AAA Cards this past year! Each game has brought us new friends and fun new ideas in card making. We whole heartily send a happy hug with our thanks and we hope you’ll enjoy the new year with us as well. We look forward to you and your cards when we restart on February 1st 2015.

    “Use a little GOLD”...
    Very clever and pretty! And SSS is the bomb! Thanks for sharing this cutie.

    Wishing you a wonderful year. Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.