Saturday 6 May 2017

Less is More #327

Morning friends, are you ready for this week's challenge at Less is More?
Hopefully you've already visited the Less is More blog so you'll be up to speed on all the developments but just in case here's a brief summary ...

Last week we said our 'cheerios' to fellow teamie Jen as she stepped down from the team BUT we are delighted to reveal not ONE but THREE new Designers to our team. They're Izzy, Nonni and Trina and I hope you'll pop along to their blogs and leave a HUGE welcome. You're bound to feel inspired too by all their fantastic card designs and techniques. 





Onto this week's COLOUR challenge and we'd like to see YELLOW GREY in any shade or tone. This week's colours were chosen by fellow teamie; Anita who is celebrating her birthday this weekend. Happy Birthday Neets and hope it's fabulous in every way!
It's also the start of a new month and we're delighted to have Uniko back as our sponsor for this month of challenges. There's a whole new release of Uniko stamps on offer at 9am today and Bev (owner) is our super talented Guest Designer for this one so do pop along HERE to see what's in store and drool over all the inspiration. 

Uniko

I've been given permission to showcase a couple of the sets early in my cards but there'll be more here on the blog a little later and if you happen to be in the Port Sunlight area today for the Happy Stampers Festival then please stop by the Uniko stand for a chat as I'll be helping Bev alongside some of the other Uniko DT.
here's my cards ...


this one features 2 of the new Uniko sets: Pure Florals - Lily and Block Background Horizontal Stripe. The Lily is embossed onto water colour card then watercoloured using Distress inks with a little extra details using coloured pencils. The sentiments are also from this gorgeous set.



Next up another new Block Background set from Uniko - Doodle Flower and a sentiment from the All Occasions Sentiments #3 set. The flowers are coloured using promarkers then I sliced the panel in two using a basic stitched border die from MFT Die-namics with the sentiment popped up on a die-cut heart (also coloured in the same promarker) by WPlus9.


Don't forget to check out the fabulous designs from my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE and if you'd like to see more from the new Uniko sets then pop back at 9am! Hopefully Mr Blogger will be on time!


Hope you'll play along and have some fun and thanks for calling by - I'll be back soon!

Have a great weekend!



15 comments:

  1. These are both so gorgeous, Sarah! I've got massive stamp envy now :D The lily on the first card is stunning, really elegant and such beautiful curved lines. The background block stamping is a perfect backdrop. The whole look is really impactful. The flowers on the second card are soooooo pretty and fun! I love the effect of the split background panel which gives a whole new look to the card. Beautiful! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love flowers and I think these two sets will be going on my wishlist asap! That lily is gorgeous and it looks beautiful in this colourway. The doodle flowers are so cute and this can be used for so many designs. I love your little stitched slice topped with the heart and sentiment. So pretty. Thanks so much for the Happy Birthday wishes and I believe a little something has dropped through my letterbox but I'm being good and waiting until tomorrow to open it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous color way. The lily is so prettily coloured and works great with the grey stripe at the back. Clever idea to die cut the flower background on your second card. Great inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swooning!!!! Oh you are so lucky to work with Uniko Sarah! Your first card is spectacular and I must admit that the lily stamp went into basket really quickly (having a problem with the order system though, sob, sob). The fresh and bright colour of the yellow really suits that stamp and it is a cheery sympathy card (I like that!). The background geometric stripes are super too. I adore the funky friend card and splitting the panel in that curve was inspired! Hope you have an incredible week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My jaw literally dropped when I saw the card you had made with that gorgeous lily, Sarah! It looks amazing against the stripes and you have created wonderful dimension with your colouring too. The doodle flowers look wonderful in the yellow and grey....I don't think that I have played with them enough, yet! Two fab designs, as always - I hope everything goes well at HLS today xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You're rocking these lovely stamps and they look wonderful in grey and yellow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards but the flower on the first one is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Sarah. Love the designs. This is one busy day for you. Can't wait to see more of Uniko's new release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ! A stunning showcase both of the cue colours and of the Uniko new release ! I love how the flower goes out of the edges on your first card and your colouring is just fabulous ! I also love your design on your second card, what a great idea to cut in two this gorgeous doodled background ! Wonderful as usual ! Enjoy your terrific WE at the Uniko stand for the Happy Stampers Festival ! Unfortunately a little bit to far for me ! And have a fab week !xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon worthy cards, Sarah! Grey and yellow is such a wonderful color combo - I'll try to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the warm welcome and all the "behind the scene"-work Sarah, you are a fantastic asset to LIM and I'n so happy to be in the same team with you! Both of your cards are gorgeous and show the color combo very beautifully. I love the whimsical look of the second card and the first card is so elegant and pretty. Bev is surely happy to have you in her DT, you showcase her products brilliantly. I hope you had a fun craft fair weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Two dazzling cards, Sarah! You've chosen perfect images to feature in yellow and black! The second is wonderfully pretty, but for me, the lily completely steals the show! Absolutely sensational; exceptionally elegant!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, that lily is wonderful. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely brilliant cards Sarah...that first flower is beautiful and I am hankering after the striped background stamp now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous Sarah - I loved them in the flesh too! I love the zingy yellows with the softer greys. Great colour choice! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.