Saturday 9 September 2017

Honey I Shrunk The Kit #13

Hey there friends, I'm so excited to be sharing another day out with my fellow Honey Babes for another HISTK post and our lovely host for this outing is none other than my F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S teamie and right-hand girl over at Less is More .... drum-roll please for Anita!

What a magnificent bundle of summer beauty she packed into one small envelope before dispatching around the world for us all to play. It wasn't so much a case of where to Start this time but when to STOP! Read on for all the details.

Honey I Shrunk the Kit logo


Here's the line up

Hazel Hodgkins: Hazel's Paper Designs
Sarah Gray: Funky Fossil Designs
Shona Chambers: Twine Around
Anita Bowden: Neet & Crafty
Sarah Platt: Sazzle Dazzle Crafts ... that's ME!

and here's a picture of Anita's goody bag followed by an impressive list of contents 



As well as various patterned / plain coloured, gems and ribbons here's the list of stamps and dies Anita packed into this kit! 

Your Next Stamp - Flippin' Fabulous (crab/sentiments), Clearly Besotted - Life's a Beach (flip flops/sentiments), So Sweet II (ice cream), Hung Up on You (mini cocktail/sentiments), Good Times II (sentiments), Petite Plushies (lolly/pinwheel), Hero Arts - Let's Chill (palm/hibiscus/cocktail/beachball/sentiment), Avery Elle - Sip Sip Hooray (sentiments), The Greeting Farm - Rain Snow Shine (girl), Little Claire (beach huts), Clear Impressions - Sea Breeze (deck chair), Paper Smooches - Warm Wishes, Birthday Words (cheers), Echo Park - Flamingo Palm die set, Newton's Nook - Hibiscus, Clearly Besotted - Scalloped Edges die collection

and here's my cards - I messed up the beach huts and couldn't think what to do with the deck chair image so hope you'll forgive me ... I managed 6 anyway!


I absolutely love this crazy crab image and the reverse of the patterned paper inspired my colour-way for this one. The image is coloured with promarkers and I added some glossy accents to the straps of the flip flops and his eyes!


Well what better way to retire than under a palm tree on a desolate beach sipping a cocktail! How many years must I work!!! LOL! Anyway a little scene created with the images, coloured with promarkers and a teeny piece of the plain coloured paper to create my 'beach'.


I grabbed my ziggys to colour these gorgeous die-cuts although having stuck everything down I do wish I'd positioned those leaves a little better. A little sentiment from my CBS stash and mounted on a little more of the plain papers from the kit.


Colouring isn't my strong point and I think that's why I started off with a stencilled/inky background! Distraction works a treat eh! Having said that this rather cute and sassy chick didn't need much distraction and I really enjoyed colouring her and setting this little scene. The card is on it's way to one of my daughter's friends who's nickname is 'CHill'


Once again inspired by those gorgeous patterned papers in the kit and this ice-cream card was born. I went with the mint, pink and chocolate colour scheme and coloured everything with promarkers. A little wink of stella on the ice cream and some glossy accents for the beach ball. 


Are you still with me? I promise this IS the last one. Another ziggy coloured couple of die-cuts. The flamingo and palm tree weren't really in proportion so I scrapped the bottom half of the tree and found this little strip of Brusho coloured cardstock, left over from a previous project, and thought it set the scene quite well. I just couldn't decide what sentiment to use or where to put it so it's 'blank' for now! 

Thanks for this adorable pack of goodies Anita! I'm now absolutely terrified as it's my turn next ... I guess someone has to be last! I'm off to check out what the rest of my teamies have made with this fantastic bundle and thanks for popping by today!


Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Such a delightful set of goodies and cards, Sarah. I particularly love the two palm tree scenes and your sassy young lady. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah!! What a bounty! I don't know why you say colouring isn't your strong point!?!? Looks pretty amazing to me! You always work magic with your colour combos. That little crab is great fun, isn't he? Love how the designer paper influenced your colour choice - AWESOME!! I tried so hard to use that palm tree and hibiscus, but managed to stuff up the colouring on both! I was thinking retirement for that one too! That 'Chill' card rocks, and love that stencilling - no distraction necessary. That ice-cream one is deliciously fun, and finally - LOVE that flamingo card matched with your snippet of Brusho coloured cardstock - love it when you can 'upcycle' ;-) What a fun kit, and as usual, you have created such a gorgeous suite of cards! I am now off to visit Neets! Have a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Hazel, your colouring looks spot on to me. What a fabulous collection of fabulousness, buddie! I LOVE what you've done with my kit. The crab with that paper looks awesome, I kept flicking between the two papers for ages before deciding which to use. The cocktail nestled between the hibiscus on a beach under a palm tree is the perfect spot for retirement. I guess I'll have to wait a while for that! The ziggys were perfect for your hibiscus, lovely and vibrant, and I love how you used little accents of the coloured cardstock throughout your cards. Your stencilled background looks fabulous (and certainly not required as a distraction), in fact that girlie card I think is my favourite! We both love a sparkly ice cream too, mine was smothered in wink too! :) And as for that flamingo background, those brushos have created a wonderful effect, it looks like you could have watercoloured it. An absolute triumph with these xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.