Saturday 23 December 2017

Less is More #360 & #361

Morning friends, I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. This is our final challenge of the year at Less is More and it'll be a 2-week challenge. We'd hate to have you rushing with cards over Christmas so this should give you a little longer to play - who knows you may even receive some new goodies from Santa that you'd like to use!


Anyway we have a delightful sketch for you, designed by fellow Less is More teamie Anita and I hope you enjoy! 


Here's my examples using my all time favourite set from our December sponsor, Happy Little Stampers so do play along for a chance of a prize, which we'll announce at the start of next month.



Both cards use the Butterfly Birthday set and for the first one I've stamped, masked, rotated my card panel in the misti to create a 'mirror' image (I hope) both top and bottom. The images are coloured with Promarkers and I die-cut the shape of the top panel before popping up on 3d foam. The sentiment is from the Mix Mash set also by Happy Little Stampers.


This time I did a heat-resist technique using the same Butterfly Birthday image, using Ranger Liquid Platinum EP. Once the image had cooled I inked over layers of Distress Inks in my favourite colours: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed. The die-cut 'Happy' is from STAMPlorations and I used a scrap of card heat embossed in the same colour to create it. The 'birthday' is from the HLS Mix Mash set.


As always there's loads of fabulous designs from my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE and I do hope you'll pay them a quick visit. 

Thanks for calling by and have a fantastic festive period!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful ! Same sketch, same stamp, same theme but two very different cards ! You're ready to play in Darnell's coming challenge "Twofer" ! They are both stunning, I love the combo of colours of your first one, as well male as female. And those vivid colours combined with gold embossing for the second card is just breathtaking !
    I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and happy Holidays ! See you next year ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards !!!!!!
    Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beautiful butterflies. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB DT inspiration from you in post, love both colourways.

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 awesome cards Sarah... love the second one especially. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...two simply fabulous cards! Love those gorgeous butterflies. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning butterfly cards! I love all the fun card making techniques you used here. The mirror stamping with misti using masking too was a very original and fun idea! I love the colors and the die cut front panel. Very creative and stylish. Your second card with the resist technique looks fab as well, that heat embossing looks so shiny and beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that I had already left a comment but it isn't showing up here....I hope you have had a fabulous family Christmas and are back to your craft room to create more inspiration for us in 2018! I love both of these - the elegance of gold embossing is always a favourite of mine but I love the colour combo and your gorgeous colouring on the first card so I can't choose between them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Sarah, I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two more fabulous cards yet again Sarah,perfect stamping and embossing and so much attention to detail too as always.I love visiting your blog, wishing you a very Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing more of your amazing cards in 2018 ;) hugs Vivxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swooning over your duo of gorgeous butterfly cards, Sarah! The first, especially, has caught my eye; love the vibrant colours! I see that you use Promarkers...are they easy to blend (translation: easier to use than copics which are causing me to tear my hair out? Would love to hear your review on them, if/when you have a chance...).
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. One sketch plus one stamp set equals two beautiful cards... amazing how you were able to pull that math off, Sarah! Dramatic bold colours on your first card and soft elegance on your second... love them both. Hope you are enjoying the start of 2018. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It may be the same stamp set but you'd never believe it as your super-stunning cards look SO different. Full of beautiful vibrant colour and lovey clean lines too. Thanks for your fabulous Christmas card, and here's wishing you a Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better late than never, eh! You rock these butterflies every time you use them, I love the colours you chose for your first card, so fabulous together and wonderful crisp stamping and masking too. That blend of colours on the second is just stunning, I can see why it's your fave xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.