Saturday 23 September 2017

Less is More #347

Morning friends!

Saturday is back and time for another challenge over at Less is More! What's more it's SKETCH time and I can't wait to see how you play along with this one. 

Here's the cue card and sketch followed by my 2 examples on a Christmas theme for you ... looks like fellow teamie, Anita and I had the same idea! I, for one, need to up my game in Christmas card -making department!


and here's the sketch ...



First up using a wonderful ornament die by Simon Says Stamp from a destash sale by the lovely Laura Sterckx of Making Cards is Fun I die-cut the ornaments in 3 shades of foiled cardstock before adhering them to white cardstock. 2 of them are mounted directly onto the 'wonky-stitched' die-cut panel with the middle one mounted on 3d foam. the sentiment is by this month's sponsor ... Happy Little Stampers. The silver 'strings' are hand drawn with a gelly roll pen and I've added a couple of clear gems for some extra sparkle. 


This one uses another Christmas sentiment by Happy Little Stampers with a layered stamp set by Altenew: Bows and Bells. Again hand-drawn strings but with a black copic marker this time and little gems in the centre of the bows. 




As always there's loads of fabulous designs from my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE and our sponsor for this month is Happy Little Stampers so do play along for a chance of a prize, which we announce at the start of next month.


Hope you'll play along, have some fun and thanks for calling by 

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. A stylish duo of festive cards, Sarah! I love the detail on the elegant baubles and those bells are just gorgeous.....I think that I may need them :) A great take on the sketch. I hope that I can play along again this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Sarah ! Love the foiled die cuts on the first card, they add a gorgeous shine on this big white space. Your second one is also very beautiful, I love the colours up to the little diamond touch on the bows ! He, he, is it the race for the end of year's cards ? I took some time to make my cards and I also thought about Christmas ornaments but I saw your bells card and Anita's ornaments one I change my mind. I really love yours, thanks for the beautiful inspiration ! Have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super festive Christmas makes! I love your fun color schemes and all the shine and sparkle. Just perfect for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these non-traditionally colored Christmas cards. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are gorgeous. I am especially in love with the jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used non-traditional colours. The shine on the first one is just gorgeous. And those layered bells look awesome in pink. Two fabulous Christmas cards, Sarah. Have a wonderful weekend and week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, that Altenew stamp set works perfectly and looks so 3D, but your baubles are stunning too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! Swooning over those bells and baubles Sarah! Wonderful glossy and metallic look to the first card and the wonky stitched border looks brilliant. But, my heart was stolen with the pink bells - they are drop-dead gorgeous. Lovely crisp lines to complement the soft ink colour on that card. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful and clever cards again Sarah, I am always so blown away by your ideas.Enjoy your weekend mf ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds eh, teamie. You know I love these. Gorgeous use of the foil card on your first, if you can't use shine at Christmas when can you! And I adore those Altenew bells, that's one set I really should think about getting :) Awesome work as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my ! I love these CAS Christmas spirit cards !! And good job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.