Saturday 20 May 2017

Less is More #329

Morning friends, are you ready for this week's challenge at Less is More, I hope you've not put all those shape style stamps away as there's another chance to play with them this week!




Here's my cards and due to lack of time this week it was only going to be the ONE for today but I had a little mojo spurt last night and made a 2-fer using a wonderful geometric set from our sponsor, Uniko. This one's called Background Builders squares. It's teamed with a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from Simply Said Birthday and the second one uses die-cut letters by MFT Die-Namics with the 'birthday' sentiment from the newly released 'Happy Succulents' set by Uniko.




Next up I've used one of my favourite heart dies here from Neat & Tangled and it's so versatile as you can use both the negative and positive sections of the die-cut to create striking images. It's the negative bits and pieces here which take quite a while to re-stick back in place but I think it's worth the effort! The shapes are coloured using Promarkers and it's mounted on a scalloped rectangle from Mama Elephant with a sentiment and banner by WPlus9.



Don't forget to check out the fabulous designs from my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE 

Hope you'll play along and have some fun and thanks for calling by and I'll be back soon!

Wish me luck this weekend as I'm hosting a New York themed party for my brother and his fiance on Sunday as they are jetting off to get married there later this month and it's our family send off / stag and hen combined party! I must be mad but I've been making all manner of bunting and decorations for my house - instead of crafting!


Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Im totally in love with geometric shapes at the moment so really enjoyed seeing these :)
    Cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards this week, teamie. Boom....two masculine cards in the bag! Love those fresh colours and fun designs, why do I struggle with those type of cards? And the heart is perfect for this, I really must buy it! lol
    You'll absolutely smash it tomorrow, you're so creative I can't wait to see some pics. Have fun and I'm sure your brother and fiancee will love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you've used in the first two Sarah and I do like that heart die.
    Thanks for having me GD this week and good luck with the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great geometric designs, Sarah! I love the Uniko squares (it is a set that I don't have!) and the colours you have used are just so fresh. I nearly dug out that geometric heart die cut as it is a beauty and your card shows it off to great effect! Good luck with the NY party - sounds like it will be a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like Anita, even with no time, you succeed in making a bunch of wonderful cards ! I love your cards with the Uniko squares ! This stamp is in my Uniko wish list to complete the collection with the circles and the triangles ! The colour combo you used are so vibrant and even more on the second card by the addition of the flashy green cardstock ! Love it ! If I did not read your post, I would have thought that the heart was made with the positive die cut and not with the negatives parts ! WOW, amazing !
    I'm sure your brother and his fiancee will love the party you've prepared for them! And I can not wait to see photos because with all your creativity, it must be grandiose ! Enjoy your WE ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I wrote to Sharon, I kept staring at this Uniko set knowing it would be perfect... But nothing fun came to my mind. I'm glad you two rocked using this set! Love your color choices. That geometric heart die is amazing, so contemporary and interesting. Love it! Red and white is also always so fresh looking. All your cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such simple designs...yet, I could never come up with such beautiful cards. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible how you squeezed out two beautiful cards at the last minute. Love both designs and the colours! I was going to finally use my NBUS heart die from Neat & Tangled, but you beat me to it. 😉 Love the bold red colour choice and the banner sentiment. I agree it was worth the effort. Have a great WE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, Sarah! The split panel on the first card is such a great touch and I love the background builder stamps. And the coloured panel on the second card packs so much impact! Wow! A fabulous pair <3 The geometric heart made of the negative die cut shapes is so clever! What a fab pop of red they give. The effect is really classy and eye catching. A trio of gorgeousness, as always! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three great cards! I think perhaps my favorite is the heart card! Love that die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card & absolutely love the colour combos of the first too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooh! Swooning at your twofers Sarah! You have such a way with stamps and the movement and interest that you got into those happy tumbling squares is amazing. The lime green with those softer blues are a real treat for the eyes. That diamond is such an amazing shape and you are one patient lady sticking those coloured bits back into it. Really worth the effort though. Hope the party went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have come up with some fab cards Sarah especially the lime green one - it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three amazing cards Sarah, I just love your pretty designs, always so much inspiration when I visit your blog. Oh my! you are gonna be busy lol, good luck with all the partying then ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure which of these cards I like best! The way you've used the shapes to create backgrounds is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.