Sunday 14 January 2018

Uniko Revisit - January 2018

Hi there friends, here's my first Uniko post of 2018 and it's one of Bev's 'REVISIT' months where she asks us to 'dig out', dust down and bring a previously released set back into the spotlight! 

There's a bit of a twist for this month, however, as Bev asked the DT to pick their own favourite set, released during 2017. Now that's a BIG ask and quite unfair due to the sheer number of beauties Uniko has released. In fact it took me a while to decide which to go for. In the end I chose the Organics range of stamps ... not realising that the first one was released in 2016! Ooops!

I'm still going to feature that card anyway as I've a little trio going on! My Mum asked me to make a bunch of Anniversary cards and she prefers the square design, which I find quite tricky to make. Have you noticed most stamps and dies are geared towards rectangles? Before Christmas I discovered some cheap, large stitched square dies from The Works, which made the design a breeze! (Thanks to Di, friend of JulesB - who found these initially and shared them at the HLS craft retreat in November)

Onto my cards
using: Originally Organics Additions, sentiments from Simply Said and Happy Succulents
(images coloured using Promarkers plus Altenew Inks)

Having used a sentiment from the Happy Succulents set on the previous card I realised the images combine quite well with the organics range so here's my take with this one

using: Happy Succulents image and sentiments from Simply Said and Festive Sentiments
(images coloured with Promarkers plus Altenew Inks)

... and here's the DUD! The Originally Organics set was released in October 2016 but I've still used the Happy Succulent 'Happy' sentiment and the 'Anniversary' from Simply Said with the same Promarker colours.

 



As is the tradition there's a blog hop giveaway; the prize will be a £15 eGift Certificate to spend in store and you will have till midnight 21st Jan 2018 to comment along the hop

You'll find all the details including the links to to my teamies blogs and a sneaky peek at what they've created with their favourite set(s) over at Uniko HERE

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I wish you lots of luck on the hop!


Sarah

23 comments:

  1. Love your squared up cards Sarah and you're right most stamps seem to fit rectangles and I always have problems with using circle and square dies. Beautiful colour pairing, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 cards are lovely Sarah, love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I'm a die-hard fan of square cards Sarah and this trio is gorgeous! I love the colourway you've used with the shimmery silver - very delicate and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this trio is so elegant and I'm sure your mum is delighted with them all. I think the colours are just so pretty. Such a lovely showcase of these stamps. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards Sarah, the stamps are gorgeous and I love the colours you have used
    Hugs Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamps you used are so delicate and
    the coloring is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm completely captivated by your trio featuring the organics series, Sarah! The square shape really does add to the impact of the images (although I'm with you: square cards are a challenge!). Your mom - and those receiving these works of art - is sure to love them, as do I! You are such a source of inspiration...
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic set of cards! I love square Cards.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous choice for gorgeous cards, Sarah ! I also do love the square cards that unlike you I prefer to do. I can tell you that your mother will love them, they are the perfect example of CAS look combined to delicacy and refinement ! Love your soft colours and the silver embossing ! They are also part of my favourite, it was so hard to choose, wasn't it ? Have a fabulous week ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of cards Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful! Love your gorgeous colors and that heart wreath is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the delicateness of these flowers. Every one of the stamps looks like such fun to color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure your Mum will love all these beautifully elegant cards Sarah! They are all so pretty, and feminine while remaining understated. Keeping them all on a white background really showcases the great stamp sets and wonderful colouring! (Even older ones!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I like your coloring and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning trio Sarah and I am glad you showed the Originally Organic card as your trio really highlights how these stamps are designed as a collection and that they can be mixed and matched. The designs look so elegant stamped in silver and as always your colour choices are beautiful.
    Overall I am in awe of your talent and so blessed and grateful to have you on my team showcasing Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I think these are my favorite cards of the hop!
    They are all stunning! I love these stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful cards Sarah.. CASilious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards, love them all - great CAS designs, and lovely colours used! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.