Saturday 28 May 2016

Less is More #278


Good morning friendly crafters - have you got that weekend feeling?
In the UK we've got an added bonus as it's a Bank Holiday Monday too!
Oh and half term for me so the whole week off!

So onto our Less is More challenge for this week and it's a Sketch
Please remember to keep it clean and simple with clean 'white' space! 
You can flip-it, rotate-it and add a different shape instead of the heart. Have FUN!

Here's mine followed by the sketch and there's some awesome ideas from my fellow 
teamies over on the main blog HERE just in case you haven't visited already!


Can you tell I was in crazy-mode when I made this one!
I'm not sure whether I've pulled it off and it's a little less CAS than I 
would have liked but I decided to use some bits of stash that keep getting
forgotten so here's what I've used:

Stamps: Paper Smooches - Chubby Chums & Sunny side Up
Avery Elle - Sentimental 'Your Day'
Doodlebug - Design Paper
'Enjoy' die cut - sent to me by the lovely Barb of Barbs Studio Creations
She's so generous and sent me a whole bundle of dies by Papertrey.
Images and die-cut coloured with Zig Clear Brush Pens

Here's the sketch we'd like you to follow:


Over at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge it's an Anything Goes week
so I'm heading across there with this card too

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Next up a more clean and simple version


This one uses the stunning Altenew - Vintage Flowers set which I've
stamped using the yellow and green ink sets by Altenew and to divide
my panel in line with the sketch I've added a strip of gold glitter tape.

The sentiment if from a brand new set sent to me by my perfect, fun
and generous fellow Less is More teamie Anita! Can you believe she won
a whole bundle of Altenew sets and already had this Painted Greetings set
so she sent the duplicate to me! I'm welling up here - thanks so much Neets!

I'd like to link this up at Timeout Challenges where it's an 'inspired by words'

'May all your weeds be wild flowers'

Now I can hardly say these blooms look like weeds or wild flowers but
can you imagine if all weeds in my garden looked like this? That would save
a lot of weeding and digging time - that's for sure!

Ok that's all from me but I hope you feel inspired to play along and 
I'll catch up with you all again soon.

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Two great cards Sharon. I love those Altenew flowers but the chubby duck is a real cutie and I love his shiny umbrella x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Sarah I typed Sharon in my first comment! It's the sunshine cuddling my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Sarah! I've just got the altenew set so it's great to see some inspiration for it but I'm loving that funky little chick card! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! The first card is super - a little crazy and a lot of fun all rolled into one! Love it! The second card is incredibly elegant and I love the way you've used the Altenew flowers against the dramatic gold glitter tape. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I love the chick - so sweet. That Altenew bloom is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more wonderful cards, you've been busy. Love that chickie with its sunnies, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, great cards, card with altenew is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super cards. I adore your " cool" duck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous cards Sarah, the first is such fun, with such immaculate attention to detail and the second simply supremely stamped, not always easy with 2 step stamping!
    Just fab!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just fabulous, Sarah and so different! Love the elegant Altenew design and the fun chick just made me smile. I hope you are enjoying your bank holiday and school break :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous cards, Sarah! I love your little 'Chum Guy' and umbrella on the first one, and how you created the ombre effect on the die cut sentiment! So glad you had a chance to play with it!
    I also love your Vintage flowers! Beautiful stamping, and your strip of glitter tape is so elegant! How lovely that Anita sent you this sentiment stamp set...It's perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards...one so elegant and pretty, and the other one fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I love that right and zingy bird card Sarah! Altenew is also super but I do love a sassy chick! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh! Flippin' 'eck! Fallen in love with that chubby chickadee. How cute is he???? That is one super way to use the sketch. The elegance of your flower card is so pretty too. Anita is really a good friend to you, isn't she?
    Enjoy the rest of your week off. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teamie, you've done it again! Wowzers, these are just amazing cards. Loving your fun, bright and colourful chickie creation, yellow and blue are a winning combo. And your roses look so chic with the gorgeous strip of bling. Glad you're loving your sentiment set, works brilliantly here xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love both of your cards but that chick is just TOO cool :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fab cards but that chick is just hilarious! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of these Sarah - the first one is a definite favourite, that little chick is one cool dude! Love the bright blue and yellow and glossy elements. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello again!! As you can see I'm trying to catch up on some commenting and wanted to tell you how much I LOVE that cool, funky chickie!! Such a cool card and perfect for the sketch. How wonderful to get your hands on this Altenew set, it looks amazing in yellow and perfectly stamped. Very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two lovely cards, Sarah! Absolutely adore that cute chickie! And flowers are beautiful and delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.