Saturday 25 July 2015

Less is More #234

Morning all, are we ready for a new Less is More challenge?
Well we have a CELEBRATION today ... our CAS queen and leader, 
Chrissie, is taking the week off! BUT that's not the reason!

 Chrissie is celebrating a very special birthday this weekend so
she's putting her feet up or kicking off those heels and dancing
and partying to the small hours as she'll be 70 years young!

It's recipe week and we'd like you to use Snippets
(basically left overs, bits of scrap card/design paper/string)

What's more we have a guest designer for one week only the 
Queen of Snippets herself ... Di of Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground
so I do hope you'll make her feel welcome and pop across to her blog
with some super friendly feedback.

Here's my cards ... not only is Chrissie celebrating this year but 
both my Dad and Mother-in-Law too so here's my Dad's card!


Card Recipe:
Having raided the snippets box and tipped the bin upside down
for bits of kraft card and red holographic here's what else I've used!
MFT Die-namics: Inside Out Diagonal Stitched rectangles
Avery Elle: Count on it Dies
Clearly Besotted: For Everyone sentiment
Handmade & fuzzy cut paint palate with Doodlebug sprinkles
Die-cut paintbrush has been in my stash forever.

I'd like to enter this at Inkspirational: Anything Goes with Kraft and 


   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



Next up having stumbled across some ready-cut zig-zag strips 
in the snippets box I added a few more from scraps to make a rainbow!


I pieced them all together onto some paper then die-cut the
number 70 before replacing the centre of the zero using
Avery Elle Count on it dies.
The 'Happy' sentiment is from Uniko and stamped with Ranger dye ink.
To finish some coordinating Doodlebug sprinkles.

The last one uses more off-cuts and positive '70' from the above card
with the 'happy' sentiment from Clearly Besotted embossed with Hero Arts white EP.
This one has hopefully arrived at Chrissie's house and as you read this it 
will be sitting in 'pride of place' on the dining table of course!!!


With our wonderful Guest Designer, Di in attendance this week 
I couldn't NOT enter a card over at Pixies Crafty Snippet's playground!
So this one is heading over and if I miss sliding under the gates 
today I'll have to pop it in tomorrow.


Thanks for staying with me to the end of this lengthy post!
I do hope you'll pop over to the main blog to check out the 
creations from the rest of the DT and Di's card of course.

So I'll just finish with a huge 
CONGRATULATIONS CHRISSIE!
Have a brilliant birthday and loads of fun!


Sarah

29 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all incredible Sarah! Your sprinkles paint palette is fabulous and I love how crisp and bright all your cards are. I've now realised that the one thing I need in my stash is number dies! And just lots of dies in general :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All,fab cards and full of colour. I have so many left overs especially from doing the water colouring class, most of this is on the craft table! Have a fun day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Lim cards Sarah xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great 70 cards, I couldn't choose a favourite, they're all fab. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three really brilliant snippets cards Sarah! Fabulous inspiration for the Less is More snippets challenge. I'm just bowled over by the lovely words you've written - plus my blog is like Clapham Junction right now! :) I can see queues for the merry-go-round before long :)

    Thank you so much, once again!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these bright, fun cards - that palette is really cute too! Your cards always brighten my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful cards from your stash of snippets, Sarah!!! Chrissie is one lucky lady to have a friend like you... I've got quite a stash of my own - I do hope to play along!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing trio of festive birthday cards! I really love what you did with those rainbow chevrons! So fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these cards are all so awesome, Sarah! So bright & cheery. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three perfect snippets cards full of colour. Perfect Sarah.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Wow these cards are gorgeous. Beautiful chevron rainbows! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... I see what you meant! Great minds do think alike Sarah!
    I LOVE your inspiration this week ... Colourful and happy... perfect for such a milestone birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards sarah and great use of snippets.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a brilliant eye for design and color, Sarah! All three of these birthday cards are so colorful and so creatively FUN! Just what you want for a 70th milestone birthday!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three brilliant uses of snippets, Sarah! Each one more fantastic than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Absolutely love all three of your colorful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lot of 70th's Sarah! A gorgeous set and I love the bright, joyful colours that tie them all together x

    ReplyDelete
  18. All these cards are super! Such joyful colors and I love the die cuts you used for our challenge at Ink. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great set of cards - love the rainbow chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME 70 cards! Vivid and fun~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Three fabulous cards! I love the colourful designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Love all of these bright and beautiful cards!! Wonderful designs!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the fun cards Sarah - especially the one with the artist pallette - super creative!!!! Lots of 70s happening this year - both my parents are celebrating that number too! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! What an awesome idea with the paint pad with enamel dots for colours :)

    Thank you for joining us at INK for our Kraft challenge. Hope you will join us again next time :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these Sarah and thank you for visiting my blog. It's been a couple of years since I last entered a challenge... Note to self - must do it more often! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow so many gorgeous cards again Sarah, love them all equally ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A great selection of cards Sarah, so bright and cheerful. I love your paint palatte. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah,your trio of colourful cards are sheer delight! Love them all, but paint palette on kraft really steals the show for me! So glad you shared this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.