Saturday 21 February 2015

2 for 1 Christmas cards


Yes it's a bit of a fluke! 
Two Christmas cards to share in one day - every one helps though!

First up is to enter the current challenge at Merry Monday
Have Santa on the card

Now have tipped my stash 'upside down' I couldn't find a single
Santa image ... a couple of digi stamps but nothing else.
Then I found this cheeky image (no idea where it's from - had it forever!)
 and I'm hoping I won't be thrown off the challenge for using Santa 'upside down'



Card Recipe:
To begin with I stamped the image and heat embossed then masked
to allow me to ink up  my card panel using distress inks.
I spritzed with water and perfect pearls to create a 'snowy' sky -
with some pretty hefty dollops of the white stuff!
Coloured my chimney with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils 
they created a 'roof-effect' shape with white cardstock with glitter added to the edges.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted: Naughty or Nice?


I've used a Mask to create this card so I'd also enter a second card 
at Addicted to CAS




My next Christmas card is to enter over at Muse Card Challenge
and here's my take on Marion's wonderful card

 

Here's Marion's card


Card Recipe:
Paper Smooches: Blessed Christmas stamp set
plus Winnie & Walter: Big Bang Confetti
I stamped the images in Versamark then heat-embossed
with Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
before inking the panel in Salty Ocean Distress Ink
Using a photo frame die from MFT Die-Namics I inset the inked panel
and added a sentiment from the Paper Smooches set.
The whole panel is then mounted on 3d foam for added dimension.


Just realised I've used 'embossing' on this card (well both) 
which means I can hop across to 
Happy Little Stampers - February Challenge.



Ok that's all from my craft desk for today and hope
you are enjoying the weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah

29 comments:

  1. Oh, I think that image is darling...that is just what he does, right? heads down the chimney, face first!! And I love your background...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to build up your Christmas card stash Sarah! Love the inking on both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Sarah! :) Perfect heat embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, this is gorgeous - so perfect for the Muse! I am still thinking of what to make...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous Christmas cards Sarah. LOVE the Santa going down the chimney ... such a fun image - and love your DI sky. The second is so pretty. Love the bright blue and your beautiful image embossed in white. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and ATCAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love these cards. Santa is too cute. Your second card is stunning. Great take on Marion's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are fabulous, Sarah! I recognize Santa's boots so I think he'll stay in the Merry Monday gallery. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday and ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, clever! I love the boots - almost like Santa's there by not being there! lol! Also love your Christmas-sy take on this week's Muse! So glad you joined us this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adoring both your fantastic cards here, Sarah! I think Santa's boots are a hoot and a sure winner for MM and your take on the MUSE challenge is divine and also a winner in my eyes!! You really nailed these challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards Sarah. I love the background you created for the first card and Santa going down the chimmney. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, Sarah! Especially love that Santa image -- made me giggle! The sky is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Sarah .... I love the Santa image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Sarah (I've come to expect that from you!) and I actually got a little bit excited about Christmas just looking at them - how many more sleeps? ;) lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Stephanie ...sadly / fortunately it's a lot more sleeps to go! I'm just trying to stick to my NY resolution to enter the MM challenge every week! So far so good! It is a bit weird though - still making Xmas cards in Feb etc! xx

      Delete
  14. Very funny card with Santa upside down! Makes one definitely smile! Creative regards, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these, Sarah! The Santa image is too cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the upside down santa :) the background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Santa one but the muse one is simply stunning work ... a winner for sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are really pretty Sarah! Great job on the masking and I love the colors on both. Thanks for sharing over at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super Christmas cards, they are very inspiring, love the blue colours.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun card and I absolutely love that distressed background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did better than I did, Sarah. I have NO Santa stamp of any kind. I think yours is darn cute and you made the rooftop and sky fit in perfectly. Your Muse card is just what the challenge ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you masked to make that snowy rooftop! Very clever Santa card! Your blue city scene is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your work is wonderful! The Santa card is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The city scene is so beautiful and soft, and your Santa card is so whimsical and fun! Love them both, and very nicely done!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two really fabulous cards, Sarah! I love how you created your sky on the first one, and your take on Marion's inspiration card is just beautiful!
    So happy to have you playing along with us at Addicted to CAS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Muse card is lovely, wonderful blues and whites. So serene.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab cards! I have that very same santa stuck in the chimney stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two beautiful cards here Sarah, oooh and it's that lovely blue card again........sighs! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.