Saturday 15 August 2015

Less is More #237

Yeah! Saturday morning ... 8am which means only one thing
- well on the craft blog-vine! A new challenge over at 

Less is More

and we are talking 'Congratulations' this week
so a whole array of occasions for celebrations!

There's cause for celebrations in our house this week as not only is our kitchen
almost complete after 4 weeks but our daughter collected her AS results on Thursday
and we are so proud of her - 4 A-grades! So one more year of school before
she hopes to study medicine at university! She's so bright ... just like me LOL!

Anyway her boyfriend also did superb in his exams and here's the card
I made for him! It's a shaker one but still maintaining lots of white space!


I started out by inking the whale and sentiment from Paper Smooches
Briny Blue and 'You Did It' from Clearly Besotted - Let's Roll using
Versafine Black ink before heat embossing with clear embossing powder.
Using Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass
I've watercoloured the background allowing the colours to merge slightly before
spritzing water splashes on it. The shaker frame is made with an MFT Die-namics
Stitched Square Die and filled with beads and sequins from my stash.

The theme over at CASology this week is Aquatic so I'm heading
over there with this card too.



I was quite late pulling these cards together this week due to 
being unwell with a stinking cold and loads of cleaning and clearing from
the numerous workmen around the house who have been finishing up this week
so I'm not too sure about the next two which I made for our daughter.
One's a bit conservative and the other a bit of a joke!


For this one I started out by heat embossing the 'Congratulations' sentiment 
from Uniko: All Occasion Sentiments and 'You're a Super' from Clearly Besotted
Superstar stamp sets in Hero Arts white embossing powder before masking off the 
area beneath the sentiments. Using 'hot' coloured distress inks in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
and Barn Door I've inked over the sentiment then used some glitter card stock to cut
several stars using a Memory Box die set and some mini pearls to accent.




... and last but not least this one uses another Uniko set - Explosion
and I used some fun and jokey sentiments from the same set plus the
'You Did It' from Clearly Besotted Let's Roll.
The images and sentiments are all heat embossed using either Hero Arts Clear,
WOW Metallic Silver Sparkle or WOW Metallic Brass Sparkle.
To add some extra details I've gone a bit mad with a white gelly roll pen!
The black panel is die-cut using MFT Die-Namics Inside-Out Diagonal
Stitched Rectangle STAX


Ok I'm sure you super talented bunch will come up with some 
AMAZING celebratory cards and I hope you have something good
to celebrate too this week! Don't forget to check out the Less is More blog
HERE for more incredible inspiration from my teamies!

Thanks for stopping by, have a good week and I'll be back in an hour 
with the latest challenge details for Addicted to CAS.


Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Wow, these are fab, Sarah. You really do have some fantastic stamp sets! I love that Uniko sentiment embossed within the ombre panel with the gold. It looks awesome. Congrats to your daughter and her chap, that's wonderful news. And congrats on the kitchen too, I know how it feels when it's finally coming together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah
    first I love your cuuutee fish card
    so CAS and so clever made is it shaker card right the inside is like a real water woooww
    the second one your blending is perfect
    and the last one really manly black card
    they are all awesome and inspiring
    I take my time to hop on your blog hope you dont mind Sarah..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are gorgeous, Sarah! I love how you place the emblishments, it's perfect. The third card looks like a real chalk board, and looks fabulous with the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three cards are fantastic Sarah. Thx for the inspiration.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  5. all are beautiful! love Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the cute Whale/shaker card, such fun and very clever. The blending in the second card is perfect and loving the colour combination. The dark card works so well with the sentiments. Great cards and just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So may cards - all fabulous, but of course the shaker card steals the show! Congrats to your smart daughter - she'll do fine in life, I am sure! Enjoy your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of using a shaker as the sea - it will look bubbly and fun! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creation! Such a fabulous variety in one single post. I love the inking on your second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. INSPIRED... as always I am leaving here yes... inspired Sarah! Gorgeous cards and so delighted to see one going to our Casology aquatic challenge!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - three beauties! I love them all but that whale shaker is definitely my favourite - that watercoloured background is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
    And big congrats to your daughter on her fantastic results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cards, Sarah! Love that fun shaker and great blending. Big congrats to your daughter on her great results (and on the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the cards are wonderful. But my favorite is the dolphin one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, wow! Three great cards for wonderful occasions, too! Well done to your daughter and her boyfriend -- I'm sure they loved their cards! I love the aquatic shaker card you made for the CASology challenge...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS!!! to your daughter
    Three awesome cards, hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.