Sunday 25 January 2015

Love Birds & Watercolours


Hello All and a Happy Sunday to you.
I've a card to share which has taken me AGES!
So long in fact that this is the 3rd attempt!
I knew there was a reason I don't do shaker cards!!!
Having almost given up and thrown it in the bin with the rest 
I decided I ought to have something to show for
my toils so here it is ...

Here's the sketch I've followed from CAS(E) This Sketch


In view of all the intricate little bits I've mustered from my
snippet bins I'm going to head over to Pixies Snippets Playground too
... I'd better take a bag of sweeties though as I've been missing for a few weeks!

I'd also like to link up at Simon Says Stamp again: Have a Heart

Supplies Used:
Doodlebug: Design Papers
Clearly Besotted: Love Birds Die Collection
Clearly Besotted: Paired Up Stamps & Dies


I've another card to share which I'd almost forgotten about 
having made it last week it didn't make it to the blog!

This one is to link up at Happy Little Stampers: CAS January Challenge
I couldn't wait to join in but water-colouring isn't something I often do
so after a little pinterest and blogland surfing I came across a 
stunning card by the amazing Kristina Werner here and 
I hope she doesn't mind me 'casing' it (of sorts)!


Supplies Used:
Distress Inks: Barn Door, Picked Raspberry & Seedless Preserves
Tim Holtz: Watercolour card
Uniko Studio: All Occasion Sentiments #3;
heat-embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder
Doodlebug: sequins

I seem to remember seeing a challenge where the requirement
is to use the sentiment as the focal point ... and was hoping to link
up there too ... but can I remember where I saw it?!?!?!?!?
So if anyone has spotted that challenge please let me know.

That's all from me for today but thanks as always for stopping by
and see you soon.

 
Sarah

22 comments:

  1. Two oh so beautiful cards Sarah! I LOVE the fresh green and white birds. The polkadots behind the cage just stole my heart!
    {There was a sentiment challenge at the paper players last week, but the linky closed already :( }
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannelie ... I knew I'd seen that somewhere but when I couldn't find it I was wondering if I'd dreamt it!!! I do dream cards all the time so wouldn't surprise me! hee hee!

      Delete
  2. Wow Sarh, you might have been missing in action but you came back with two real stunners here! Love your snippets card and well worth all the angst. Blow me, I'm sure I've spotted someone in the Playground entering the 'sentiment as a focal point challenge' but can I heck remember who it was!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I'm so glad you didn't give up on this! What an ingenious shaker card! Love everything about it the happy colors, the sweet birds, the tiny hearts inside the cage! Thanks so much for playing along wiht us in our "Have a Heart" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two absolutely fantabulous creations, Sarah! I saw Kristina's video last week and you've done an amazing job of CASEing her card. And well done for persevering with your shaker card, it's awesome!

    I'm feeling a bit sad as I'm still in a complete shambles at home and will be for at least another 3 weeks, this kitchen had better be worth it! I've managed to make a space on the table which is about a square foot so hopefully I'll be able to create something...are there any crafting techniques that involve the use of a microwave as it's right here next to me! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sarah, you did a great job !
    Your card is ...... just cool !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for persevering, it was worth it. Love the colour choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like what I see. Become a follower, don't wanna miss a thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah
    Fabulous card.... Love the shaker card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning cards, that must be one of the nicest shaker cards I've seen. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards. I especially love the shaker one, it was worth all the effort you put in to making it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your shaker card! Like the water colouring too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! Your shaker card is fabulous! Love your watercolour with distress inks too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards, Sarah. I understand about the shaker card but your design would have been great even without that element. I love the watercoloring. I should. I did something similar for a couple of challenges last week. I should have entered HLS, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cards, Sarah! That watercoloured background is just, wow!!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and I'm so glad you perservered with the shaker card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your efforts were worth it as this is the best take on the challennge sketch I have seen. The mix of green patterns really gives it a funky feel. And wow to the watercolouring, I need to give this a go again, have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Sarah, love your take on the sketch and the greens are beautiful. Love your watercoloured card too, the vivid colours look fantastic with the white sentiment, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZERS! I love your die cutting technique on the first and the second is simply FABulous! Love it! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome designs Sarah!! So different and so perfect. Love the inlaid look on ur first card

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blimey Sarah that birdcage is stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards! I especially love the first one with the bird cage -- great take on the CTS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two amazing cards Sarah. LOVE your shaker ... so sweet with the two metal birds. And the wateroloured card is FANTASTIC! :) These bold shades make a statement ... so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.